★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

List of games taking advantage of touch screen

05-06-2011, 10:16 AM
List of games taking advantage of touch screen

Hello,

What are the games for which playing with a touch screen changes significantly the gameplay as compared to playing the same game with a mouse on a computer?

The first game I face like that was Flight Control, but I would also put fruit Ninja etc.

So ?
05-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Every game on IOS aims at taking advantage of the touchscreen overwise they would bring there games to IOS

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

05-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Simply all the games that collect a great success, starting from Angry Birds, Cut the rope ecc ecc

I love this world!
05-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Just compared to a mouse? Because quite a few gesture games could be done with a mouse like Cut the Rope, Angry Birds (which is on Mac/PC) and so on. Flight Control is also on Mac and PS3 with Move controller.

The number of games that are really unique to iOS is pretty small.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-06-2011, 12:27 PM
There is a cute little game called Robotco. It doesn't have the sharpest presentation in the world, but it's a very nice little time-waister that could only have been created with a multi-touch device.
05-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Pathpix!

i'm a pretty kitty cat
05-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_J View Post
Hello,

What are the games for which playing with a touch screen changes significantly the gameplay as compared to playing the same game with a mouse on a computer?

The first game I face like that was Flight Control, but I would also put fruit Ninja etc.

So ?
Pretty much everything here on the IOS changes the way they're played!
05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Just compared to a mouse? Because quite a few gesture games could be done with a mouse like Cut the Rope, Angry Birds (which is on Mac/PC) and so on. Flight Control is also on Mac and PS3 with Move controller.

The number of games that are really unique to iOS is pretty small.
Pfff....do you always complain for all? oh my....are u a man or a woman?

I love this world!
05-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulderino View Post
Pfff....do you always complain for all? oh my....are u a man or a woman?
What a sexist thing to say, especially from a man who always COMPLAINS about games over $0.99. Are you a cheapskate or a tightwad

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
05-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
What a sexist thing to say, especially from a man who always COMPLAINS about games over $0.99. Are you a cheapskate or a tightwad
Well, I can complain because I'm a woman (with a surprise in low area - ye, a shemale - have some racist insults to tell me?). And, ye I'm a tightwad and proud to complain about games over a buck. Are you satisfied now?
Anyway, if u are interested PM for more hot details and numbers (and prices, of course) about where we can meet and what we can do togheter (don't care if u man or woman). Thanks!

I love this world!