★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Legends of Zork

04-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Legends of Zork

Don't know if anyone here has tried it out, but recently, Legends of Zork went live. It's kind of a Kingdom of Loathing style game, and so far, I kinda like it. Well, Crunchgear didn't, but in the review comments, the devloper made this comment:

But you should definitely avoid the iPhone version which is in development as well

Does anyone know anything more about this? Like I said, I kind of like the game, but the page is just too heavy to behave well on the iPhone's Safari. An actual app would be really nice.
04-11-2009, 05:31 PM
If the actual Zork came to the iPhone I would have to get it regardless of price on principle. I spent a ton of time playing MUDs and mushes back in the day. And for those in the know:

xyzzy
04-11-2009, 05:35 PM
The actual Zork is on the iPhone if you install Frotz.
04-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Ah, the good ol' Infocom games. The iPhone is perhaps not the ideal medium for a game that involves a lot of typing, but carrying them with me wherever I go is worth the hassle.

I just wish I could get Planetfall and Hitchhiker's Guide...

and Nord & Bert.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
04-11-2009, 06:43 PM
How to Play Infocom Text Adventure Games on Your iPhone
http://www.myawesomeblog.com/iphone-...n-your-iphone/
04-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
How to Play Infocom Text Adventure Games on Your iPhone
http://www.myawesomeblog.com/iphone-...n-your-iphone/
That may not work on Firmware 2.1+ as Apple disallowed MobileFinder-style file transfers in Firmware 2.1. However I just realized Frotz has a web portal, so maybe I'll check that out. It's been a good while since I played with Frotz -- actually, I haven't played with it since the jailbreak days.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko