Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-07-2011, 04:14 PM
WilliamG WilliamG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 282
Default

I'd never played this game before, but don't find it very compelling thus far. PvZ is leagues better. I have frustrations with changing lanes, figuring out where the archers can shoot and which lane they're shooting etc. Definitely some interface annoyances. Having played for just under an hour, aside from the great artwork I fail to see much appeal.

But as always, to each his own.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-07-2011, 04:25 PM
caanerud caanerud is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
I'd never played this game before, but don't find it very compelling thus far. PvZ is leagues better. I have frustrations with changing lanes, figuring out where the archers can shoot and which lane they're shooting etc. Definitely some interface annoyances. Having played for just under an hour, aside from the great artwork I fail to see much appeal.

But as always, to each his own.
Sad to say that I agree. Played the first 8 levels and I just didn't enjoy it. I tried 'casual' mode as well. Nice graphics, but the gameplay doesn't grab me.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-07-2011, 06:51 PM
mekanikal fiend mekanikal fiend is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 761
Default

if you use the advance and retreat buttons on the top of the screen then your guys will auto attack when walking. also check the options menu for some other helpful options that make the lane changing much easier.

on a side note, i am noticing invisible characters (their health bar still shows) and also sliding characters (no movement animations) that i never noticed in the iphone version.. doesn't effect gameplay or anything, but just slightly annoying.

ipad 4.2.1
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Mr. Orange Mr. Orange is offline
Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv Games View Post
strange it happend to both. We have only ever recieved to complaints ever in this serious bug and we've sold tens of thousands of copies.

i wonder what your devices have in common.

anyone else having gems not saving??

thanks
Hi Liv games,

Sorry, but I made a mistake on the ios version of my phone. I've double checked and I've listed both iphone & ipad below for your reference.

iphone 3GS: 4.2.1 (no JB)

iPad 1: 4.3 (no JB)

I hope this helps, if you need more info just shoot me a PM or tweet me @Natsu2872
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Liv Games's Avatar
Liv Games Liv Games is offline
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
Sad to say that I agree. Played the first 8 levels and I just didn't enjoy it. I tried 'casual' mode as well. Nice graphics, but the gameplay doesn't grab me.
I agree, it may not be for everyone.

However, It's not the regular iphone experience where you can judge it by the first few levels because it really picks up in world 2 and doesn't let up. I guess it requires you to really learn how to play.

However the first world is about 5% of the game, and there is a ton more to see and do, and it gets way more intense. If you still are not compelled by the end of world 2, then hey its only 99 cents
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:51 AM
GiHubb GiHubb is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 467
Default

I really want to like Legendary Wars, the presentation is top notch and everything is well polished. But, and this is a big but, micromanaging your units is just not fun. For example, having your archers constantly take over your knights instead of being a tad more intelligent and then having a whole mess on screen which you must put in order, really ruins the strategic experience for me. Again, I really want to like this game, if the soldiers had a bit of an AI to them, it could help a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-08-2011, 01:08 PM
WilliamG WilliamG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 282
Default

I think more visual cues might help. Like if you move an archer in the castle, the line of his attack should light up briefly, so you know where he'll be attacking etc.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Liv Games's Avatar
Liv Games Liv Games is offline
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiHubb View Post
I really want to like Legendary Wars, the presentation is top notch and everything is well polished. But, and this is a big but, micromanaging your units is just not fun. For example, having your archers constantly take over your knights instead of being a tad more intelligent and then having a whole mess on screen which you must put in order, really ruins the strategic experience for me. Again, I really want to like this game, if the soldiers had a bit of an AI to them, it could help a lot.
We are glad to take suggestions and still working to improve the experience.

are you talking about casual control? can you elaborate of what you mean by archers taking over the knights?! thanks
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Liv Games's Avatar
Liv Games Liv Games is offline
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
I think more visual cues might help. Like if you move an archer in the castle, the line of his attack should light up briefly, so you know where he'll be attacking etc.
that's a good idea. I'll see about implementing that. Again we are very open to suggestions.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-08-2011, 06:56 PM
WilliamG WilliamG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv Games View Post
that's a good idea. I'll see about implementing that. Again we are very open to suggestions.
Appreciate it! I like the idea of the whole path lighting up faint blue briefly when you move an archer in the castle. A fade in and fade out, perhaps. In any case, the more visual cues to help speed movements would be great, and go a long way toward making the game more accessible.

Maybe even a minimap in the corner so we can tell how many baddies are approaching and in what "lanes."

Random thoughts ftw.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent