★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fun and challenging for the entire family at any skill level! Warna is a charming and addictive puzzle game that challenges you while stimulating your audio and visual senses. Touch cocoons to link them by matching colors and coax the butterflies out! Friendly bugs will sometimes appear instead of cocoons to help you pop cocoons. Create your own musical melody as you touch the cocoons and create links. Pop as many cocoons as you can to get the highest score.

FEATURES

PLAY A PUZZLE, CLASSIC OR CHALLENGE GAME
Puzzle: The screen is always filled up with cocoons and you must create links until you run out of moves.
Classic: Cocoons fall from the top of the screen and you must clear them before the screen fills up.
Challenge: Similar to Classic but with the addition of a row of cocoons coming up periodically from the bottom.

THREE MODES FOR PUZZLE, CLASSIC AND CHALLENGE GAMES
Endless: Level up and accumulate points at a steady pace.
Quick Play: Faster pace for a quick and challenging 5-minute game.
10 Minutes: Same as Endless but with a time limit.

GAME CENTER ENABLED
Challenge your friends to beat your high scores!

ACHIEVEMENTS
Show off your skills with over 70 Game Center achievements.

PLAYER DRIVEN MELODY
Touching cocoons and creating links during gameplay generates a soothing musical backdrop unique to how you play.

CUTE AND COLORFUL HAND DRAWN ARTWORK
Includes retina display support.

UNIVERSAL APPLICATION
Play on any iOS device you own with a single purchase.

Check out the gameplay video at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwx0XLmEiWE

Support:
http://www.buskingsoft.com/warna

Liza's comments:
Now available on iTunes.

Try out Warna Free before you buy!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warna-free/id445420011?mt=8

Here's a video of the Classic and Puzzle gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwx0XLmEiWE

05-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi, I'm the develepor of Warna. I'm a long time fan of puzzle games and wanted to make one that I would love playing. I'm happy to say that I've achieved that here! My favorite is Puzzle mode which is similar to Bejeweled (Classic is more like Tetris). Most other puzzle games out there have a dark look but I wanted to go for a bright and colorful one. As you play the game, you generate your own soothing musical background.

Our goal at Busking Software is to make games we want to play and that other people will also enjoy. So far we've had all positive 5 star reviews and people love it.

05-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Game Impressions

The game is pretty decent. I like how you're tasked with bringing order out of chaos. While most of the cocoons start off white with the player deciding which one to color with the current color, as the play progresses new colors are introduced and more of the cocoons start off pre-colored. How long can you keep it going?

I think a gameplay video would help. No need for flashy nonsense, just show soome gameplay highlighting the difference between Classic and Puzzle.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
Hi, I'm the develepor of Warna. I'm a long time fan of puzzle games and wanted to make one that I would love playing. I'm happy to say that I've achieved that here! My favorite is Puzzle mode which is similar to Bejeweled (Classic is more like Tetris). Most other puzzle games out there have a dark look but I wanted to go for a bright and colorful one. As you play the game, you generate your own soothing musical background.

Our goal at Busking Software is to make games we want to play and that other people will also enjoy. So far we've had all positive 5 star reviews and people love it.
Congras! Best luck to you! I'm gonna downloading it...

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
The game is pretty decent. I like how you're tasked with bringing order out of chaos. While most of the cocoons start off white with the player deciding which one to color with the current color, as the play progresses new colors are introduced and more of the cocoons start off pre-colored. How long can you keep it going?
In Endless mode, how long you keep it going will depend on how well you've set up the screen to prevent from getting stuck with no solves. You can go anywhere from 20 minutes to a couple of hours. There are a few crazy high scores on the Game Center leaderboard now for Puzzle Endless that tell me they've either kept a game going for a long time or they've been doing great with combos and long links or both. The current top highest score is more than double the highest score I have there! They're literally beating me at my own game.

Quote:
I think a gameplay video would help. No need for flashy nonsense, just show soome gameplay highlighting the difference between Classic and Puzzle.
That's a good idea. I had been looking at software that could capture video while the game is in play in the simulator but I didn't find anything free. I'll try to put up some shakycam footage tomorrow.
05-08-2011, 01:55 PM
I should chime in since we've got a little discussion going here.

I'm a bit biased as I helped Liza develop the game, but I gotta say out of all the games I've worked on in my past 13 years in the game industry this is one of the few I play every day even after release. She came up with a great concept, while still a match 3 game at its heart, feels fresh and interesting, and of course addictive. Classic mode is somehow soothing and frantic at the same time at later levels.
05-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferinPup View Post
I should chime in since we've got a little discussion going here.

I'm a bit biased as I helped Liza develop the game, but I gotta say out of all the games I've worked on in my past 13 years in the game industry this is one of the few I play every day even after release. She came up with a great concept, while still a match 3 game at its heart, feels fresh and interesting, and of course addictive. Classic mode is somehow soothing and frantic at the same time at later levels.
I have to admit, the still photos and description didn't sound that special, but once you actually dive in it is surprisingly addictive and unique.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
I have to admit, the still photos and description didn't sound that special, but once you actually dive in it is surprisingly addictive and unique.
I see what you mean about the description and screenshots not quite selling it. Hopefully the video will help.
05-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
I see what you mean about the description and screenshots not quite selling it. Hopefully the video will help.
Well people browsing on the appstore will never see your video.. So better and more descriptive screenshots are very important for any games sales
05-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I'll give this a try, since LG knows his business, and the dev is friendly.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL