★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A volcano has exploded near a caveman! Help him to safety by avoiding the falling debris. Amazingly, caveman's favorite food is also falling from the sky! Keep him going by collecting all the meat.

This version has entertaining graphics with two game modes. Help the caveman get through the day in story mode or challenge your friends in arcade mode.

Wallen Game Studios's comments:
Lava Runner is an addicting arcade game that's been getting great reviews on the app store. Below is a link to the game. Check it out!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lava-runner/id424396339?mt=8
05-07-2011, 08:03 PM
You've rated your own game on the US App Store??

Hmmm...how is that supposed to help?

PS: Lol, I just noticed that someone noticed your review too and marked it down for not being very helpful

05-07-2011, 08:08 PM
I think we'd all be surprised at how many devs rate their own game. Using your own account to grab one free rating isn't as bad as cloning accounts and shilling the hell out of it. I usually let 'em slide when it's obviously just a few people involved doing it, it's only the mass shills that destroy the store.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Get ready Angry Birds, you've got some new competition. Insta-buy.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
05-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I think we'd all be surprised at how many devs rate their own game. Using your own account to grab one free rating isn't as bad as cloning accounts and shilling the hell out of it. I usually let 'em slide when it's obviously just a few people involved doing it, it's only the mass shills that destroy the store.
Yeah, but if you're going to rate your own game at least use another name while you're at it
05-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Get ready Angry Birds, you've got some new competition. Insta-buy.
I just seriously don't think so. However, good luck for the dev!

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post
Yeah, but if you're going to rate your own game at least use another name while you're at it
I don't see a problem with rating your own game as long as you give an honest review. It's something that most devs do. I'd rather be honest about it then create another name to try and cover it up.
05-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
I just seriously don't think so. However, good luck for the dev!
I believe its a joke.
05-08-2011, 11:05 PM
can someone please explain to me why you think it is such a big deal for a dev to rate there own game and give it a good rating. I have not made a game, but if i did, you could bet your iDevice i would rate my own game good.
05-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Obviously, the developer believes their game is good so giving their own game a rating is a cheap way to get 5 stars on the app store.

Personally, I never buy games when I see that the dev rated their own game or suspect that the dev has made multiple accounts to rate their own game. It seems cheap and takes away any appeal of games that, generally, look like they never had any in the first place.

*signature for rent*

Last edited by bluecomb84; 05-09-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Spell error