★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MeanMob.com
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.5 MB
  • Version: 1.6.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Protect the mosquito from irritating flying creatures called "humanitos" and enjoy this old style tapping arcade "crush'em up" where your goal is to survive as long as possible, and score more points than anyone else in the world! Be number one in the leader-boards. How? Making combos, getting all the money, avoiding the bombs and beating the sheep up!

Enjoy this indie game featuring beautiful 100% pixel art graphics showcasing unique style and original color palettes. Oh, enter our web to watch the gameplay trailer and don't forget to comment and rate the game, that will help us a lot!

HOW TO PLAY:

- Don't let the humanitos touch the mosquito, otherwise you'll lose a life (Z icon).
- Touch humanitos to crush them and get points (numbers shown in gray).
- Move your finger across the screen to crush multiple humanitos and make combos (numbers shown in yellow).
- Touch the bills to get 500 or 1000 points.
- Touch the pills to recover your sleep (life). You have got 5 lifes (Z icons).
- Do not touch the bombs unless you're playing in Deep Sleep game mode.
- Touch the sheep repeatedly to get 200 points with every touch.

GAME MODES:

- NORMAL
- NO PILLS: You can't recover your life
- ONE LIFE: 1 life only, no pills
- DEEP SLEEP: Now you can touch bombs!
- MADNESS: Characters and items everywhere!

FEATURES:

- Stunning pixel art graphics.
- Original music.
- 12 different humanitos!
- 5 game modes (4 unlockable ones).
- 1 unlockable sketches gallery.
- Unlock new game modes and the gallery by score or by times played.
- Complete stats at the end of every round.
- Complete stats of the whole game, showing totals, maximums and averages for all game modes or sorted by mode.
- Enter a 3 letters alias at the end of every round for the Local Top 10.
- In-game Local Top 10 high scores board showing the best players that have used your device, sorted by game mode.
- In-game World Top 10 high scores board showing the best world players sorted by game mode, using Game Center. Also you can see your own rank.
- Runs on all iPhone and iPod Touch devices!

MeanMob.com's comments:
Hello.

We would like to show you Mosquito's Insomnia, an indie game for iPhone and iPod Touch, available on the App Store.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRpRiTyCGoc

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alone/id431528510?mt=8

Description:

Help the mosquito sleep by crushing those annoying and irritating flying creatures called "Humanitos". Get the money, take the pills and avoid the bombs. Oh, and don't forget to give the sheep a beating if it appears!

This is an old school survival mini game where all you have to do is score more points than other people around the world and be the first in the leaderboards!

Features:

- Easy to play, but hard to beat other people scores.
- Stunning pixel art graphics and original music.
- Game Center support and 5 leaderboards (score, time played, humanitos crushed...).
- Try to unlock the sketches gallery.
- Runs on iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4, and iPod Touch.

More images:

Thanks for reading.
05-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Mosquito's Insomnia 1.1

Hello everybody.

We have released an update, so now you should have Mosquito's Insomnia 1.1 installed, with some bug fixes for old devices.

We have some promo codes, so please contact us if you wanna try the game.

Also, here's a live gameplay video, available in HD too:

Live Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d26uhPTtgFM

Cheers.

05-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I'd like to try the game. Love the artwork.
05-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMob.com View Post
Hello everybody.

We have released an update, so now you should have Mosquito's Insomnia 1.1 installed, with some bug fixes for old devices.

We have some promo codes, so please contact us if you wanna try the game.

Also, here's a live gameplay video, available in HD too:

Live Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d26uhPTtgFM

Cheers.
Definitely count me interested! I'd love a code for both normal and HD (I still actively use both my iPod Touch 4G and iPad) but, if supplies are limited, am willing to just go HD.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-14-2011, 05:31 PM
I'd like a promo code, please, for iPhone.

Check out my video reviews!Click here
05-14-2011, 05:52 PM
ng the artwork of this game. Haven't read any descriptions or such yet but am interested in a code to check out the game.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
05-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks everybody.

Thanks everybody for your comments and interest in this little indie project. I have sent a private message to all of you.

Regards.
06-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Mosquito's Insomnia 1.1.1 released!

Mosquitos Insomnia has been updated to version 1.1.1, and now you only need 25.000 points to unlock the gallery (hey, in older devices only!). Also, the game has been translated into Catalan, and we have added two new Humanitos, so now there are 8 full detailed and animated pixel art characters in the game!

Contact us if you want to be a humanito too, and appear in the game. We will make a little winged character with your face, cartoon style, so that you can laugh with your friends! Is there anything better than being crushed by a giant finger?

Regards.
06-04-2011, 09:43 AM
OMG, how did I miss this the first time? Twisted concept and artwork, FTW. LordGek, is it just tap-to-kill or is there more to it? The video isn't working for me.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
06-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Love the artwork!

I LOVE A P P L E !