★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: gigaplay
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 19.5 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: The greedy Qrons who live on the planet two orbits down want to invade your tiny ore repository planet. Fortunately, aside from being greedy, the Qrons are also cowardly - instead of invading themselves, theyve chosen to dispatch their drone landers instead. If they can land ten drones on your planet, interplanetary law will allow them squatters rights to it. And you cant let that happen.

To stop the invasion, you have hacked into the drones network, allowing you to tap into their camera feeds one at a time. If you can match the feed that you are monitoring with the correct drone, it will self-destruct. Do that correctly enough times, fast enough, and the Qrons will give up and look for another planet to pick on. Fail to do so and the Qrons are moving in.

Tac is like a matching game mashed up with MineSweeper then rendered in 3D and sprinkled with fun. If you like quick-play puzzle games and space drones, youre sure to love it!

Features:

HIGH REPLAY VALUE
A new randomly-generated playfield with every game for unlimited replay value.

ONE FINGER CONTROL
Iconless tap-and-drag anywhere controls for intuitive play.

NATIVE SUPPORT FOR HI-RES DEVICES
Crisp, smooth, beautiful 3D graphics that take full advantage of the high-resolution screens on the iPad1, iPad2 and all Retina-enabled devices.

TWO UNIQUE GAME MODES
Deceptively simple gameplay with two unique game modes: Blitz Mode for quick 2-minute time-killer games and Marathon Mode for longer play until you die games.

NO HIGH SCORES LEFT BEHIND
High scores for each game mode are saved to your device and to Apple Game Center.

BUY ONCE, ENJOY EVERYWHERE
Tac is a universal binary - buy it once and play it on your iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad.

Note: Tac is meant for play on 3rd Generation devices and higher: iPhone 3GS and 3rd generation iPod Touches, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2.

For updates on Tac as well as new and upcoming games, follow gigaplay on Twitter at http://twitter.com/gigaplay.

thismarty's comments:
Hi! I just launched my first game on the AppStore. It's a simple, quick-play, time-killer, actiony, puzzler game in 3D called "tac".

Its iTunes page is at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tac/id431948313?mt=8.

It's a Universal binary too, so you can play it natively on all three castes of iOS device.

I'd love to hear what you smart people think of it.

Here are 5 promo codes to get things started:

F7AP4PAHY99M
HRLYYT4HWLA6
XP7XXA34EPAM
HMEJLXY9WXHR
66Y3N3LJLKWJ

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
05-08-2011, 04:17 PM

Note:

Welcome on touchArcade and thanks for HRLYYT4HWLA6. I`ll do a HD Gameplay Trailer tomorrow when i`ll be back from Work.

05-08-2011, 04:57 PM
What an incredibly cool guy! Thanks, Sanuku!
05-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Grabbed XP7XXA34EPAM.

Thanks for the code.
05-08-2011, 07:59 PM
The remaining codes have been taken, FYI.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
05-08-2011, 10:08 PM
I've only got 5 more promo codes left, but I'm happy to share them with the readers of my new favorite forum. :-)

Here you go, folks:

FERWXRJNAXTN
4K3WLJXMJYNX
AMYNP633HWYA
9TKA9JTYJJXP
6PE7PJMFFMMJ
05-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey, thanks for FERWXRJNAXTN.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
05-08-2011, 11:16 PM
You're very welcome, djflippy!
05-09-2011, 05:08 PM
HD Gameplay Trailer:

Note:

Almost 15 Minutes of both Game Modes. Well let`s just be Honest - As you can see i had, even after reading the Manual, not really a Plan how it works at the Beginning and then, in the third Round it makes "Click" and i totally get drawn into the Game and understand the hole Concept and how it goes and...

I started to like the Game.

While the first Mode Blitz is Easy and you only should play it to understand the Game Concept the second Mode Marathon is like the Hardcore Mode from Diablo II. One Life...If you pick the Wrong Camera, your Dead and the Planet is Lost. As you can see i don`t have yet the Skill to go over the third Camera (Marathon) but i still like the Game because i really have the Feeling that with each try and fail i get Better and Better and...well i guess you get the Idea.

I am pretty sure that we will see more great Games from Frank so just to don`t miss any of his upcoming Games in the Future i did join his Twitter Channel @gigaplay .

Sanuku
05-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the video, Sanuku!

Yeah, it's not as easy to figure out (or explain) as I had hoped for. I'm glad you were eventually able to play though and even enjoy it a bit.

Time to make another game now!

Anyone with the time for one more Twitter-stream, please feel free to follow me at http://twitter.com/gigaplay for updates on what's next!