★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Invincible Demon is an Incredible top down action shooter with a few new twists. Shoot, dodge and jump across 18 different levels with 3 selectable characters each with there own unique play style.
-Compare highscores with gamecenter leaderboards
-10 great looking battlefields
-universal support for ipad hd and retina display

Can you become Invincible Demon?

undeadcow's comments:
"The game is a exciting new take on dual stick shooters. Invincible Demon has a protect a base theme and jumping capability added to traditional top down shooters." -Infinibee

Youtube link | Pop Up

This one looks promising...
05-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Can't tell too much from the screenshots (or the fairly poor video quality). Will be waiting to hear what people think of this. Technically, Bug Heroes was a Dual Stick Shooter combined with Tower Defense .... and RPG elements. This however, looks like it's more of a top-down DSS.

So, not sure this will break new ground, but could be interesting.

Last edited by awp69; 05-09-2011 at 11:21 AM.

05-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Gameplay vid looks more bullet-hell than TD. Anyone TOFTT with impressions?
05-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COHagan23 View Post
Gameplay vid looks more bullet-hell than TD. Anyone TOFTT with impressions?
+1
Rattled the cage of Medianotzu and Strivemind. Would love their impressions.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
05-09-2011, 12:20 PM
TOFTT. 2 dollars, retina, universal? Sounds good to me....s*** connection though, so it'll be a while before I post impressions.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-09-2011, 05:00 PM
A servicable survival style dual stick shooter. There are three playable characters each with a different bullet pattern or speed and life parameters. The weapons auto fire constantly but you can pivot with the right stick and left to move your character. Tapping the right weapon side leads to jumping. Occasionally there are barriers you hacve to jump over. Also, there is a "bomb" button that creates a radial attack wiping the screen of advesaries.

Enemies are in two forms - robots that attack your character and balls of light that attack your tower. The robots often appear in synchronized patterns circling your character or appearing in unison to swarm. The balls of light do not damage your character and can be absorbed on contact or shot. These light spheres damage a base that you're to protect. The game ends if your character or your base loses all life.

There are multiple stages but I keep dying before it becomes clear to me how to unlock the next; likely due to limited gameplay time. The difficulty is not overwelming but is steep enough to be a respectable challenge.

The graphics on my iPod 3G are really vague and tiny which detracts from the gameplay because it's sometimes hard to see the character detail and seems confusing.

If you like dual stick shooters this is worth considering but there's a lot of fare on the App Store.

Last edited by undeadcow; 05-09-2011 at 08:42 PM.
05-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I can't make out the TD elements either from the screenshots/video.
05-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
Yeah, I can't make out the TD elements either from the screenshots/video.
There's a base indicated by a yellow light that the enemies swarm towards and attack. If it loses health game over.
05-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
There's a base indicated by a yellow light that the enemies swarm towards and attack. If it loses health game over.
Sounds more like castle defense, not TD.
05-12-2011, 06:38 PM
HD Gameplay Trailer:

Note:

First 14 Minutes of the Game.