★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cubicman deluxe is now .99

11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Cubicman deluxe is now .99

I have been wondering about cubicman deluxe and now that it is .99 may get it.

Does anyone have it and think that it is worth .99?

Oh, and I was kind of fond of the demo.
11-04-2008, 08:44 AM
YES! Get it. It is a very good puzzler. If you liked the demo, you will like the full game. The levels get bigger and harder, but doesn't get too hard which is great. Loads of levels too. I bought it when it first came out and was about 2-3 (can't remember exactly) and was well worth the money then, so at this price it's a steal.

11-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Call the cops because this is a steal!!!
My favourite game I own for my Touch, tons of levels (100), and for this price, you CANNOT go wrong!
Oh man, if you liked the lite version, there is absolutely no reason not to pick this up for $1. You owe it to yourself!
It's one of the few games that I bought at full price and even with a price drop, I still feel it was worth the price I paid for!

Ok, I think I've made it clear I like this game. Maybe the developer wants to take me on for advertisement?
11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Man I LOVED this game on my jailbroken iPhone. I instantly bought the new version from the AppStore a while ago and.. well... they changed everything. Especially the graphics. I still like it, but I don't play it that much. It lost its charme.

Here's how it looked during the jailbrake times: http://www.applei.ph/one/index.php?o...=5866&catid=10

The new Deluxe version of course looks better, but it also is much more crowded. Sometimes after starting a level I even have to look around to find my block becaus it looks like the walls. I really which they would implement a classic theme to it.

There's another Cubic Man like game on the AppStore which features graphics which look more like the "classic" Cubic Men. Forgot the name . Did someone try it?

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
11-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I think the competitor to CubicMan Deluxe is Action Blox or something like that, based on if my memory serves me correctly, the Flash game Bloxor or something like that (not to be confused with an app called BloXor or something like that)

I've never been interested in jailbreaking myself so can't compare other than with the link you provided but still highly recommend CubicMan Deluxe!
11-04-2008, 09:34 AM
amazing game
i bought it full price the game it came out

since the 2.0 software kept crashing, until apple fixed it, i played it many times, as i kept having to restore my device

i finally beat it a couple of weeks ago, just doing 5 levels per casual sitting during class

for a buck, i reccomend it, i would of reccomended it @ 5
11-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
I think the competitor to CubicMan Deluxe is Action Blox or something like that, based on if my memory serves me correctly, the Flash game Bloxor or something like that (not to be confused with an app called BloXor or something like that)

I've never been interested in jailbreaking myself so can't compare other than with the link you provided but still highly recommend CubicMan Deluxe!
DO NOT get Action Blox. I made the mistake, and found it far inferior to CubicMan. For one thing, the framerate drops substantially in later levels, just because they are bigger. This makes moving the block a laborious task, and ultimately ruins the app for me. CubicMan is far smoother, plays better, and looks nicer anyway.
11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
DO NOT get Action Blox. I made the mistake, and found it far inferior to CubicMan. For one thing, the framerate drops substantially in later levels, just because they are bigger. This makes moving the block a laborious task, and ultimately ruins the app for me. CubicMan is far smoother, plays better, and looks nicer anyway.
And let's not forget that CubicMan is now only $.99, compared to Action Blox which is now what? $3.99 or something?
So there you have it, GET CUBICMAN!! (Developer, I'm still here advertising for you! LOL)
11-04-2008, 10:27 AM
I got this game for full price when it first came out, and I don't regret buying it at all. Totally addictive, and now for 99c, there's no reason not to buy it.
Add my voice to the list of support for this most excellent game.

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
11-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Went ahead and got it, love it!

As someone said, this is an absolute steal at .99