Puppysaurus - turned-based "collect 'em all" RPG!

05-10-2011, 01:22 AM
#1
Puppysaurus - turned-based "collect 'em all" RPG!

We're proud to announce our very first game, Puppysaurus!


Youtube link | Pop Up


Childhood monsters run rampant, and it's up to kids to stop them! Collect 'em all in this retro turn-based RPG!

COLLECT dozens of unique creatures, each with its own magic powers!
ASSEMBLE the perfect team and battle online or device-to-device!
TRAVEL on an epic journey to save the world!
EXPLORE a vast world filled with loot and secrets!
CUSTOMIZE your character's gender, race, hair, and clothing!

* Beautiful hand-painted graphics! Full-color retina display support!
* Rich, fully orchestrated score!
* All-new, original story filled with memorable characters!
* Simple, intuitive controls! Supports both tap-to-move and D-pad!
* Buy once, play forever! No extra purchases required to keep playing!
* New creatures added every day!
* New levels, quests, powers and more coming in future updates!

Available this summer! We're shooting for late July or early August. ^_^

Fuzzy Professor Head LLC -- Makers of Puppysaurus! On Twitter / Facebook

Last edited by fuzzyprofessorhead; 05-11-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Removing "retro" from title, as user complained it's misleading.
05-10-2011, 08:16 AM
#2
Love the humour

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyprofessorhead View Post
We're proud to announce our very first game, Puppysaurus!

^_^
This looks Great. Weird but cool!!

With the right level of fun/Cheekiness it could be a real hit.

Looking forward to it!!!

Evolution Prize [AppStore]
SEI: Search for Earthly Intelligence [TA Thread]

05-10-2011, 08:35 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: bavaria
Posts: 1,937
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
gameplay looks nice
kinda looks like pokemon with puppy´s
is the grafic an early alpha/beta version or will it be improved?

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games

Last edited by mattll; 05-10-2011 at 08:38 AM.
05-10-2011, 08:48 AM
#4
Quote:
This looks Great. Weird but cool!!

With the right level of fun/Cheekiness it could be a real hit.

Looking forward to it!!!
We aim to make folk smile.

Quote:
gameplay looks nice
Thanks!

Quote:
kinda looks like pokemon with puppy´s
Let's not forget the bunnies or robots or purple fluffy things.

Quote:
is the grafic an early alpha/beta version or will it be improved?
...ouch. We'll probably make some changes before release, but we're definitely keeping this style. We were going for a "painted storybook" look... In fact we hand-painted all the art assets using Brushes on the iPad.

Can you maybe be more specific about what you'd like to see improved?

Fuzzy Professor Head LLC -- Makers of Puppysaurus! On Twitter / Facebook
05-10-2011, 08:56 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: bavaria
Posts: 1,937
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyprofessorhead View Post

...ouch. We'll probably make some changes before release, but we're definitely keeping this style. We were going for a "painted storybook" look... In fact we hand-painted all the art assets using Brushes on the iPad.

Can you maybe be more specific about what you'd like to see improved?
the grafic itself aint bad
but for example on the fight screen it would be nice to have a horizont and then a background not just a green
i dont like the design of the floor ( the grass ,the earth and the ocean)
in the city (where the houses are ) should be a street e.g.
the ocean is only a blue colored , there should be some waves imo
you should maybe add some additional effects like smoke which comes out of the house
or animals running across the screen or swimming in the water
will add some points when i got more time

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games

Last edited by mattll; 05-10-2011 at 09:14 AM.
05-10-2011, 10:12 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattll View Post
in the city (where the houses are ) should be a street e.g.
the ocean is only a blue colored , there should be some waves imo
you should maybe add some additional effects like smoke which comes out of the house
or animals running across the screen or swimming in the water
will add some points when i got more time
Ah, yes, definitely planning to add overworld animations -- didn't have the assets in time for the teaser. In general the town screen is the least developed in the teaser. We actually have 5 cities in the game, each with its own distinct look and feel, but the cities are the most complex areas in terms of design (lots of NPCs and quest-triggered events, etc) so they're not ready quite yet.

We'll be sure to make a more complete trailer when we're closer to launch.

Thanks for the feedback!

Fuzzy Professor Head LLC -- Makers of Puppysaurus! On Twitter / Facebook
05-10-2011, 10:38 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: bavaria
Posts: 1,937
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyprofessorhead View Post
We actually have 5 cities in the game, each with its own distinct look and feel, but the cities are the most complex areas in terms of design (lots of NPCs and quest-triggered events, etc)
sounds cool

are there also sidequests/minigames in the game ?
are there ways to travel faster ( like a bycicle or train system ?)

btw will you make a closed beta to give you feedback and find bugs?

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games
05-10-2011, 11:12 AM
#8
Yes, there are sidequests. Don't want to say too much, but hopefully there's enough to keep people's interest. We'll also release additional quests/storylines in updates after the initial launch.

No, there aren't really mini games, not outside the battle system. (In the teaser you can see they start to play Tag, for instance.)

Yes, there is a subway system that can take you from city to city, but only after you invest in-game money. (Ie, you have to get to the city the hard way first.)

Closed beta: Absolutely! We're not quite ready for playtesting yet, but we want to start as soon as we have all of the levels designed and a few final touches applied (like the missing animations you astutely noticed). We'll probably start playtesting before we code the multiplayer features, though.

Great questions! Keep 'em coming!

Fuzzy Professor Head LLC -- Makers of Puppysaurus! On Twitter / Facebook
05-10-2011, 02:54 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Right behind you, with the machete raised
Posts: 269
Any ideas for price?

In Soviet Russia, whenever anyone mentions Twilight, they are brutally PWNED by Simon Belmont... wait, that happens everywhere.
05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtz6 View Post
Any ideas for price?
We don't have a set price point to announce yet. Feel free to suggest one...

Fuzzy Professor Head LLC -- Makers of Puppysaurus! On Twitter / Facebook