★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iQuest is OUT! POLISHED FANTASY MMO w/ NO CODES & NO BUYING POINTS!!

04-12-2009, 12:12 PM
iQuest is OUT! POLISHED FANTASY MMO w/ NO CODES & NO BUYING POINTS!!

iQuest $2.99 Developer-Better Day Wireless
App store Link

Be a part of the first Fantasy MMO for the iPhone and iPod Touch!

The Kingdom of Noth is under attack by fiercesome monsters. The King died fighting these gruesome creatures that are swarming the countryside. The law of the land is that the throne can only be claimed by the greatest hero. Now everyone is picking up a blade, a bow, or using magical forces to fight back the darkness and claim the throne as their own. Complete quests to earn gold, items and experience. Purchase lands to earn income in the Kingdom of Noth. Fight in the arena to prove you’re the greatest hero of the land. Claim the throne of Noth, and see if you can hold onto it.

Features:
-Create and customize your own hero from the unique races and classes of Noth
-Complete over 150 different quests to gain treasure and experience
-Battles other players to climb the global leaderboard and join the Royalty of Noth
-Spend your gold on magic items and property to further your fame and fortune
-Equip yourself with powerful weapons and armor and become the champion of the arena

The first boot of man upon the shores of Noth raised it from a jumbled wilderness to the land of heroes. Don't let these natives tell you otherwise. It was I that brought them out of the darkness. ~ Barthalom Noth, First King of Noth, Human Knight
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Review:

I bought this almost immediately when I saw it in the app store. It really is a Fantasy MMO with RPG elements in it! The BEST part of iQuest though is that it has NO FRIEND CODES so you don't have to spam! Also, since it has no friend codes, it does not have other versions where you buy points. This makes iQuest much more serious as a MMO in my eyes. It is SO refreshing to come across a real solid MMO!! It is totally NOT like iMafia or iMob whatsoever.

As you can see by the pictures, the graphics are very nice although not as beautiful as Vampires live, they are still very fitting for this game.

I felt like I was playing the RPG game The Quest for a minute there when it was asking what type of Race I wanted to be, what type of Class, and what type of fighting skill I wanted. It's more detailed then I thought it would be I decided to be an elf with knight skills. So, the types of Race you can choose between Human, Dwarf, Elf as i mentioned, Gnome (I'm not kidding!), Orc and Fairy. The type of skills you want to have as you progress through the game are, Priest, Warrior, Thief, Knight, Ranger and Wizard. Very nice.

I like the main screen a lot. You don't just see the words "menu" or "arena" because you actually get to see the places you want to go which I think is totally cool. There are loads of different weapons/armor you can buy, a big variety of magic skills you can get and different Quests you can go on to get more skills and Gold.

The type of Attributes are Mind, Reflex and Strength. Be careful as to what weapons, armor and magic you buy since you want to work towards your character's strengths. When you first pick what type of Race you want to be, you are told something about that race and you find out what attributes they are strongest in. Stick to items that will make your character a Hero so you can claim the throne of Noth!

One of my favorite parts is The Arena, where you fight other beings so you can get more Gold and Attributes. I haven't lost a fight yet! I am currently a Crusader of Noth with 25 Victories. It is a good place to go when you are a bit low on health and Energy. For some reason I could still battle others when I'm low on health and energy.

Places you can go are the Castle, to find out your Royalty Standing, Your Champion Status and How wealthy you are.

The Blacksmith is where you buy your weaponry and Armor. Spend your Gold wisely!

The Merchant House is where you buy property so you can earn an hourly income even while you are logged off.

The Church is for healing yourself after all those battles in the arena.

The Tavern is where you choose a Quest. When you go in each time, you will see only a few Quests that are suited for your current state but you can click on "All Quests" to see others you can choose when you level up more.

The Magic Shop where you can buy potions and other items to heal yourself or give yourself an advantage.

I recommend this game to anyone who is into Fantasy and RPG games. It's a very well done MMO with no shady friend codes or buying points to give you an unfair advantage. The way you level up is done by good old fashioned strategy, what types of items you have, Quests to go on and Battling in the Arena. There is no bullying I can see and no annoying Bulletins. Very good MMO but the only thing is, you don't get that communication with the other people like you do in Vampires live or iVampire etc. You can't talk to the other players or comment them. Perhaps they will add this in future update. Please look for me in iQuest, my username is CandyCane.
04-12-2009, 12:19 PM
gameplay video please? combat looks like it might be super boring..

04-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I really want to buy this....but Playmesh and IMafia have left a bad taste in my mouth. Although friends codes and buying points isn't in the game now....what's to prevent the developer from changing the rules after someone has already invested a lot of time in building up their character?
04-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by learjetzoom View Post
gameplay video please? combat looks like it might be super boring..
It's a MMO, have you played that before? They don't have animated battle sequences sorry. Except Mafia Wars where there is a brief screen that has animated weapons which is cool.

It's not a game where you will find real video for it since you click. If you ever played Mafia Wars, iVampire, iMafia, then you know the style of the game except no spamming.

Last edited by CandyNJ66; 04-12-2009 at 12:25 PM.
04-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmx View Post
I really want to buy this....but Playmesh and IMafia have left a bad taste in my mouth. Although friends codes and buying points isn't in the game now....what's to prevent the developer from changing the rules after someone has already invested a lot of time in building up their character?
I looked at the dev's other games and they have no other MMO's or anything similar. That's the chance I will take. I am enjoying the game.
04-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Looks good but i have never had much interest in this type of game but I might buy it if it goes on sale for $.99

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
04-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Maybe the dev can chime in and clear that little detail up. If there is no buying your way into the leaderboards, or drastic changes to gameplay after people have already started playing (because of poor design) then this will be an instant buy for me.
04-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmx View Post
Maybe the dev can chime in and clear that little detail up. If there is no buying your way into the leaderboards, or drastic changes to gameplay after people have already started playing (because of poor design) then this will be an instant buy for me.
I emailed the dev, so hopefully someone will take me up on my invitation and stop by here They have a really nice website btw.
04-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
It's a MMO, have you played that before? They don't have animated battle sequences sorry. Except Mafia Wars where there is a brief screen that has animated weapons which is cool.

It's not a game where you will find real video for it since you click. If you ever played Mafia Wars, iVampire, iMafia, then you know the style of the game except no spamming.
Uh... good review but please learn the proper terminology before you use the phrase "mmo" so loosely =/
04-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
Uh... good review but please learn the proper terminology before you use the phrase "mmo" so loosely =/
I'm only going the dev's description and the other ones I have played. No reason to frown

What term would YOU use then?