★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gameloft Sale

05-10-2011, 09:27 AM
#1
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 975
Gameloft Sale

Good news for ipad owners, gameloft is having a .99 sale focused on thier ipad games for a change. Here's the list:

On iPad:

Letís Golf! HD
Letís Golf! 2 HD
Real Football 2011 HD
Eternal Legacy HD
Splinter Cell Conviction HD
James Cameronís Avatar

On iPhone:

The Settlers

On Mac:

Letís Golf! 2

Made the Front Page at Pocket Gamer AND Touch Arcade!!!
goo.gl/xjVio & http://goo.gl/aKtJL
05-10-2011, 09:33 AM
#2
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,502
I'm still waiting for the MC2 iphone sale. I think that was the dumbest thing I have done. I decided to wait for my most anticipated game on the platform. I bought games at full price that I do not even play anymore, and I waited for that. But I have waited so long that I am just going to go all the way. I expect it to go on sale in june based on Nova and MC first 99c sales.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo

05-10-2011, 09:51 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Pretty sad -- only one title for iPhone/iPod users. Oh well, with the frequency of their sales, it won't be long before we see another big one (thinking Memorial Day weekend).
05-10-2011, 10:40 AM
#4
Man, I'm just having trouble getting excited for Gameloft games. Generally if you love the material, you'll enjoy the games. But otherwise they're all so... same-y. Same stupid controls, same stupid graphics, same crappy learning curve. And same taking up way too much space.

So do I want Eternal Legacy? Do I need it?
05-10-2011, 12:14 PM
#5
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowgart View Post
Man, I'm just having trouble getting excited for Gameloft games. Generally if you love the material, you'll enjoy the games. But otherwise they're all so... same-y. Same stupid controls, same stupid graphics, same crappy learning curve. And same taking up way too much space.

So do I want Eternal Legacy? Do I need it?
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way. EA's latest sale beat this by a mile. I used to grab slot of games during these .99 sales like Nova 2 HD, but after playing Infinity Blade and RR2, Gameloft graphics are just downright awful.

Made the Front Page at Pocket Gamer AND Touch Arcade!!!
goo.gl/xjVio & http://goo.gl/aKtJL
05-10-2011, 12:25 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 2,026
I think that many peoples may be thinking the same as you, as for now, very few gameloft games remain in the top chart, that says something.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-10-2011, 12:27 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,502
I think gameloft is slowly being outperformed in all but the fps genre. EA is getting better, or acquiring those that are better, and the other notables plus indies are starting to make strides in graphics, gameplay, and content. Gameloft has been starting to live of their name the last few releases. They need to make some overhauls, or start getting into the acquiring business. After all, they have a lot of their chips in the ios market. I wonder how long before EA grows enough to acquire gameloft .

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
05-10-2011, 12:30 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 454
I for 1 like gamelofts games , the controls are fine I never had problems with them. The graphics aren't the best , but they are good enough. Gameloft is one of the few companies who try to advance the iphone/ipod gaming platform.
If you dont like thier games , dont buy them and send gameloft a message.
05-10-2011, 12:36 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
I think gameloft is slowly being outperformed in all but the fps genre. EA is getting better, or acquiring those that are better, and the other notables plus indies are starting to make strides in graphics, gameplay, and content. Gameloft has been starting to live of their name the last few releases. They need to make some overhauls, or start getting into the acquiring business. After all, they have a lot of their chips in the ios market. I wonder how long before EA grows enough to acquire gameloft .
This is not gonna happen I think, company like Gameloft brings no value to EA, so far, Gameloft is awesome lack of original IP games while EA has ton of them. Gameloft always react with the market very very slow compare to the others, they started using Unreal Engine since some other developers used it and blame Gameloft's quality, they making Social game after the Zynga success...etc. They're far nothing new and more value to gamers.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-10-2011, 12:37 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by yemi View Post
I for 1 like gamelofts games , the controls are fine I never had problems with them. The graphics aren't the best , but they are good enough. Gameloft is one of the few companies who try to advance the iphone/ipod gaming platform.
If you dont like thier games , dont buy them and send gameloft a message.
Agreed, their game is worth playing actually.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)