★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: #1 Puzzle in 89 countries!
#1 Action in 75 countries!
#1 Game in 61 countries! *

"Physics puzzle games have always had a safe home with casual gamers, and Siege Hero is easily one of the best!"
-JayisGames.com

"As things stand, Siege Hero already represents a genuinely genre-expanding twist on projectile-based iPhone play"
-PocketGamer (Silver Award - Score 8)

Hero's Wanted!! Use strategy and precise aim to tumble down the Fortress's and Free the Oppressed.

Tear down 400+ castles across five Ages. If you're good enough to earn Gold Crown on each castle you'll unlock the extra looting levels in the Treasure Map. Over 10-hours of gameplay.

It's amazingly realistic HD castle crushing fun!

* accordingly to AppAnnie

andsoitgoes's comments:
Okay, so I can't find the iTunes links yet, but I'll include those direct from the Armor Games email and I'll update them with AppInfo when I see them:

iPhone Version ($0.99):
http://armor.ag/SiegeHero

iPad Version ($2.99 -> 40% off)
http://armor.ag/SiegeHeroHD

I had such an incredible time playing Sieger on Kongregate back in December last year, that this coming up on the iOS platform today was really exciting for me, and I'm glad to support the dev.

I'm posting this in the iPhone forum as well. Can't say I would have loved this to be Universal, but I'll accept it because I adore it so much.

Now remember, this did come out before the Angry whatever phenom, and is based from way back in the past... Anyway, enjoy

And tweet them!

http://twitter.com/#!/SiegeHero

05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
#2
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: 英國劍橋
Posts: 1,569
A great game from the few seconds I've had on the flash version. You can find it here.

Addendum: Hoping it gets the "people's empire" and "castle builder" modes ... wonder if the developer/publisher can shed some light on this?

Last edited by ataloss; 05-10-2011 at 02:01 PM.

05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
#3
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 8,680
Bought. The flash version is great, and the iDevice version *looks* even better.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
#4
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,443
As usual, Armor Games delivers another winner. If you are tired of scrolling for a mile to see your targets, get this. lol

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
05-10-2011, 02:42 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: 英國劍橋
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
If you are tired of scrolling for a mile to see your targets, get this. lol
Bingo. Just what I thought... and bought
05-10-2011, 02:48 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: The Kᴉll Switch
Posts: 7,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
As usual, Armor Games delivers another winner. If you are tired of scrolling for a mile to see your targets, get this. lol
Thats what killed PNZP for me. Ugh.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: In an Apple store near you
Posts: 1,549
I've been playing this for a few days now (had it before it was released) and it's truly great! The artwork is fantastic for you cartoon lovers, and the actual gameplay is even better. Highly recommended

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
#8
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,443
Game Impressions

Picture Angry Birds, but instead of firing laterally, you fire directly "into" the screen (although the original apparently pre-dates Angry Birds). This means there is very little scrolling and very little down-time, as a byproduct. The designers cleverly sidestep the potential issue of your thumb obscuring the view, by including a zoom mode that displays a sniper-style target, offset from the main view.

The gameplay will be familiar, in a good way, in that you need to target particular areas of a structure, in order to topple it. The goal and win condition is to crush the vikings that inhabit the structure, but you'll score additional points by keeping the princesses alive and having leftover ammunition.

Ammunition consists of single rocks, triple rocks, bombs, molotov cocktails, oil barrels, and triple bombs. Using these weapons in the proper order, at the most viable targets, is the way to score well. Tapping launches a normal shot, while press and hold triggers the zoom mode.

There are 63 levels in Fortress Mode, 10 levels in Treasure Mode (levels unlock when you reach predefined star tiers), and an unknown number of levels in a future update to include the Age of Discovery Mode. Full Leaderboard and Achievement support is included, via Game Center. The requisite level of polish and presentation is there, as with all Armor Games. It doesn't take very long to play through the core 63 levels, but it's worth the price of admission, as-is, and there is more content on the way. Recommended.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
05-10-2011, 04:15 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: In an Apple store near you
Posts: 1,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Picture Angry Birds, but instead of firing laterally, you fire directly "into" the screen (although the original apparently pre-dates Angry Birds). This means there is very little scrolling and very little down-time, as a byproduct. The designers cleverly sidestep the potential issue of your thumb obscuring the view, by including a zoom mode that displays a sniper-style target, offset from the main view.

The gameplay will be familiar, in a good way, in that you need to target particular areas of a structure, in order to topple it. The goal and win condition is to crush the vikings that inhabit the structure, but you'll score additional points by keeping the princesses alive and having leftover ammunition.

Ammunition consists of single rocks, triple rocks, bombs, molotov cocktails, oil barrels, and triple bombs. Using these weapons in the proper order, at the most viable targets, is the way to score well. Tapping launches a normal shot, while press and hold triggers the zoom mode.

There are 63 levels in Fortress Mode, 10 levels in Treasure Mode (levels unlock when you reach predefined star tiers), and an unknown number of levels in a future update to include the Age of Discovery Mode. Full Leaderboard and Achievement support is included, via Game Center. The requisite level of polish and presentation is there, as with all Armor Games. It doesn't take very long to play through the core 63 levels, but it's worth the price of admission, as-is, and there is more content on the way. Recommended.
Nice overview. Would've written a better post than what I posted above except for the fact that I was posting from my device. Anyhow, I second the recommendation. This game really has style, polish and a satisfying amount of content, with more in the making. If you've ever played Crush the Castle (original wayyyy before AB), you'll be familiar with the periodical introduction of a new type of weapon. The same applies in Siege Heroes in that you'll start off with one stone, advance to three small stones, move onto bombs, fire and so on. The game will even throw in some more variables later including peasants and other innocents who shouldn't be killed; if you do kill them, you won't be able to achiever a perfect score and will actually lose points.

The rating-based levels, I know, are very popular among gamers and the game totally doesn't leave players hanging. It doesn't have the familiar 3-star rating system but instead a bronze crown(?), silver crown and gold crown based on how well you perform in each level (mainly score). If you don't finish the level with at-least one weapon leftover, or if you kill one of the innocents, you'll end up with a silver (of course, if the target score is met).

Again, tons of polish evident in this successor to the widely popular Crush the Castle. Really surprised that this hasn't gotten any more attention than it has so far...sigh...so many good games are neglected by the majority of the gaming crowd.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
05-10-2011, 07:04 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,899