★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dominate the skies and master the worlds most advanced combat aircraft as you experience the best looking, most action packed jet fighting game for iOS - MetalStorm: Online!

MULTIPLE GAME MODES:
Campaign Experience an epic storyline spanning several single player missions.
Versus Mode Challenge your friends and enemies in a one-on-one duel!
Survival Mode Destroy wave upon wave of enemy aircraft with a friend in co-op or on your own!

FEATURES:
Next-Gen 3D graphics with Retina Display
Gyroscope enabled controls enable full 360-degree flight in 3D space
Perform advanced evasive maneuvers by swiping different directions
Real Time Multiplayer over 3G and Wi-Fi
Play on your TV with AirPlay and an Apple TV for a true HD gaming experience
Customize your aircraft with advanced missiles, machine guns and a deep tech tree
Talk with other players via the optional in-game Voice Chat system
Invite a Game Center friend to help you complete difficult missions

MetalStorm: Online requires an internet connection to play (WiFi or 3G).

Sanuku's comments:

Teaser Trailer:

HD Gameplay Trailer:

Part I:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Without Menus/HUDs

Part II:

Following soon

With Menus/HUDs

Thread (Upcoming iPhone...):
05-10-2011, 04:28 PM
So, is there a singleplayer mode?
Will this require a constant internet connection to play? (if singleplayer is present)
How will this be priced? Free+heavy IAP? (notorious F.A.S.T.)

Love the graphics and gameplay from the video, but I'm very skeptical about pricing after playing F.A.S.T.

05-11-2011, 05:06 AM
Don't you just love Wednesdays?!

Almost beats Thursdays!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
05-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Any news on this? It's not showing on the UK App Store! Any idea's?

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
05-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Really surprised to see not much going on in this thread. It's out in the US and so far this game is pretty sweet, and especially for a buck. Plays very smooth and looks beautiful on my iPad 2.

Game Center: Diligence
05-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Really surprised to see not much going on in this thread. It's out in the US and so far this game is pretty sweet, and especially for a buck. Plays very smooth and looks beautiful on my iPad 2.
It came out less than 30 minutes ago..lol. Most people are asleep by now in any case. Any comments on the iAP? There's a $49.99 package...if it's anything like F.A.S.T. became, then it's definitely not a keeper. Almost done downloading. We can catch a few games later if you want.

Twitter: @back2this
05-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
It came out less than 30 minutes ago..lol. Most people are asleep by now in any case. Any comments on the iAP? There's a $49.99 package...if it's anything like F.A.S.T. became, then it's definitely not a keeper. Almost done downloading. We can catch a few games later if you want.
Honestly, if F.A.S.T. had the same upgrade system, skill trees, and universal support; F.A.S.T. would be a far better game(I still prefer it and SoG as is over Metalstorm). The controls in Metalstorm are pretty fluid and I love the swipe to maneuver controls, but there is no strafe buttons which kind of takes away from the sim feel when you really want to cut into a turn. I honestly prefer real aircrafts but for what your getting out of a buck, erm..thats no real biggie.

I'm game for some co-op survival if your up for it. Tried the auto but didnt connect with anyone.

EDIT: It's also way to easy to kill enemies. It feels like the hit-zones are way to large and inaccurate(in your favor), and no precise at at all; and thats with your basic machine guns. Not to mention you can one shot people with them...

Game Center: Diligence

Last edited by GodSon; 05-12-2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Because the game is starting to feel like a visually beautiful tech demo...
05-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Out in Australian store $1.19
Quite a peculiar pricing for a 'suspected' freemium title.
I'm just cynical about this that's all. Hope the XP system functions like the one in H.A.W.X. where it just unlocks more in-game items.

Also, can this be played offline and still gain XP?
05-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Coop? I hate coop multiplayer xP. Versus is always where it's at. I like the upgrading/skill system, but that makes it so people who buy the iAP for game currency have the upper hand..bleh. Hope it'll still be fun. I'll be up for some rounds soon. Digging the graphics and controls mostly.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 05-12-2011 at 12:28 AM.
05-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Pretty impressive game, the controls are smooth and the game looks amazing.

I wasn't able to find anyone online but there is a single player mode, thankfully.