★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: AlphaBlox Intereting new Word game

04-12-2009, 01:16 PM
AlphaBlox Intereting new Word game

Just saw this on appshopper,

Slide the falling letters into place to form proper (and occasional not-so-proper) English words in this challenging, exciting and addictive puzzle game.

Swipe left or right on the screen to guide the letters, watching out for bombs and rubber tiles which will drive you nuts in your quest to make the longest, highest scoring word.

Play for as long as you can bear, put it away when you like, take it out during your daily commute... AlphaBlox will start off right where you left it, making it ideal for those empty moments - now you can fill them with a word or two!

Infuriatingly addictive and intriguingly enjoyable, who'll be the first to make a ten letter word?

Anyone want to TOFTT?

EDIT: I spelled interesting wrong, if a mod wants to come correct that, that'd be appreciated.

Last edited by FilthyCanadian; 04-12-2009 at 01:21 PM.
04-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Well, it does like a different from most word games we've been seeing. Maybe it's worth checking out.

No DPad - iPhone and iPod Touch gaming. Who says gamers need a dpad?
04-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I've played it just a bit... It's a very polished game: graphics, animations, subtle sounds and it keeps words and high score. You control the difficulty by setting up the speed and minimum letters to form a word. The default settings is made for an easy play (can take very long) because 3 words are very easy to form.

4 letters with the same speed make things interesting.

The control is just swipe and there's no way to accelerate a tile (like a double tap to make it fall). Anyway, you don't have much time to always want to do that.

I like the game but I can't say I'm addicted or that is the best word game ever.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
04-12-2009, 06:25 PM
it's like tetris with letters?
04-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by pante View Post
it's like tetris with letters?
Yes it is.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
06-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Just been updated to ver 1.1 - now supports accelerating tile falls (swipe down) and other features like timed play... much quicker to play and more interesting, you can add letters to already formed words before they disappear for xtra points... defanitely more playabel now!