★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Oh YEAH!!!! I'm Back And With a MAC!!! (questions inside!)

05-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Oh YEAH!!!! I'm Back And With a MAC!!! (questions inside!)

So, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I've been pretty inactive the last couple days. Why? My computer broke. Wasn't even able to turn the damn thing on. I was forced to go to Starbucks with my iPod just to buy games and post a comment or two.

Well, today, all that changed. Because I am now the proud owner of a new Macbook! So I have a couple questions and would really appreciate if you guys could help me out:

1) So, I have a major problem. All of my iTunes purchases of apps and music are on my old computer. BUT, I can't even turn it on. How the hell do I transfer them to my new Macbook? Am I screwed? Do I start over? Can I re-download them on my iPod for free and sync it to m new Macbook? Thnx.

2) What are some must have Mac App Store games? Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic anyone?

3) Not a question. I just want to say THE MAC ROCKS!!!

Thnx Everyone!
05-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Congrats, do you have all your stuff on your iPod? If yes, there are applications that can transfer the music using the iPod as like a USB for the music. If the harddrive of the computer isn't fried you can look into how to access the files or bring it to a store to do it for you.

lucky...

The Life Blog
Minecraft

05-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Yep, I have the latest MacBook Pro, and it definitely kills the PC. Come on crex, you should know that you can redownload games at any time for free as long as you sign in with the account your purchased the games on. Also, simply register your iPod with your MacBook, and click transfer purchases. This allows the iPod to transfer all of the applications from your iPod to your MacBook. This doesn't apply to songs though. But yeah, enjoy it man. Definitely some good stuff. I'd avoid the Mac AppStore though, lol.

Twitter: @back2this
05-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Its simple crex...just go into itunes on your mac, and then redownload all your games and apps. It will be free...you can also check your billing history inorder to see what games and apps your downloaded.

OR...go to a computer shop and see if they can transfer the data from your old harddrive onto an external hard drive, then use the external harddrive to transfer the games and apps onto your mac...simple enough.

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
05-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
You could get a harddrive enclosure and get your files that way. It's as simple as unscrewing the bottom of your old computer, unplugging the wires around the HD, then plugging/sliding in the HD into the enclosure and connecting it to your new Mac with a usb cord.

Or you could just pirate your music back. *shrug* With games/apps, downloading again is free. Just go to your account details in iTunes and you should be able to access a list of purchases.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
05-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Yep, I have the latest MacBook Pro, and it definitely kills the PC. Come on crex, you should know that you can redownload games at any time for free as long as you sign in with the account your purchased the games on. Also, simply register your iPod with your MacBook, and click transfer purchases. This allows the iPod to transfer all of the applications from your iPod to your MacBook. This doesn't apply to songs though. But yeah, enjoy it man. Definitely some good stuff. I'd avoid the Mac AppStore though, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoneprogrammer View Post
Its simple crex...just go into itunes on your mac, and then redownload all your games and apps. It will be free...you can also check your billing history inorder to see what games and apps your downloaded.

OR...go to a computer shop and see if they can transfer the data from your old harddrive onto an external hard drive, then use the external harddrive to transfer the games and apps onto your mac...simple enough.
I was asking one of the Genius's at the Apple store if I'd be able to redownload them for free after signing in. he said that because its a different appstore (apparently mac appstores and pc appstores are different ) that I can't redownload them for free. Hmm. i'll try though. Thnx for the help.
05-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
I was asking one of the Genius's at the Apple store if I'd be able to redownload them for free after signing in. he said that because its a different appstore (apparently mac appstores and pc appstores are different ) that I can't redownload them for free. Hmm. i'll try though. Thnx for the help.
Lol, he misunderstood you. I made the transition between PC to Mac only 2 months ago.

Twitter: @back2this
05-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Lol, he misunderstood you. I made the transition between PC to Mac only 2 months ago.
Yup you were right. Just downloaded Pro Zombie Soccer and Assassins Creed to test it. Downloaded for free and says already purchased. Cool.

backtothis > Apple Genius
05-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Yup you were right. Just downloaded Pro Zombie Soccer and Assassins Creed to test it. Downloaded for free and says already purchased. Cool.

backtothis > Apple Genius
everyone on earth > apple genius.

They are ****ing idiots...trust me. My dog could take a crap and it would be smarter than the apple geniuses.

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
05-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoneprogrammer View Post
everyone on earth > apple genius.

They are ****ing idiots...trust me. My dog could take a crap and it would be smarter than the apple geniuses.
ehhh

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)