★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.3 MB
  • Version: 2.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: A new age of man has arrived and with it, a new evil to terrorize the land. The mythic Golden Axe has one again fallen into the hands of villains and only you can stop them!

The Prince of Darkness, Damud Hellbringer, has risen and with Golden Axe in hand, he and his minions have brought about chaos once again. As one of four heroic warriors, break free from the spell cast on you and go forth to avenge your family and save your world from evil.

CHOOSE A HERO
Four heroes stand against Hellbringers army. Play as the swordsman Kain, the nimble Sarah, the man-panther Chronos or the giant Craggler.

MIGHT AND MAGIC
Fight evil with powerful attacks and magic! Each character possesses a unique fighting style, moves, and magic. Unleash devastating combos and team attacks on your enemies!

FOLLOW YOUR OWN PATH
Explore various branching levels on your path to defeat the Hellbringer. The path you take determines your fate!

FIGHT TOGETHER
With Bluetooth Peer-to-Peer multiplayer, take on the forces evil alongside a friend.
(Bluetooth required available only for devices above iPhone 4 and iPad 1)!
05-11-2011, 05:44 AM
Wasn't this released a few weeks back?

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

05-11-2011, 05:50 AM
@Simon:
think that was GA2?

To Sega's credit, they at least ARE making these oldies available for those who want them. I'm still waiting for Alien Soldier, though...

Shinobi 3 was great, but i seriously wish they'd at least take the time to update the emulator so that we could reconfigure those stupid-large buttons.
05-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DusT_HounD View Post
@Simon:
think that was GA2?

To Sega's credit, they at least ARE making these oldies available for those who want them. I'm still waiting for Alien Soldier, though...

Shinobi 3 was great, but i seriously wish they'd at least take the time to update the emulator so that we could reconfigure those stupid-large buttons.
Sega just seems to be really cheap with this stuff. I mean they aren't even modified for iPad. I'm betting Sega got the developer to do these AGES ago, and have just been slowly pushing them out.

Wish they'd actually make a deal out of these releases too. Why not tell people prior to release? Seems silly.

They've got their Golden Axe and Streets Of Rage games out there now. Guessing they're going to go back to Sonic for a while. They've got Sonic 1, 2, Spinball.. needs S3&K and 3D Blast I guess.
05-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DusT_HounD View Post
@Simon:
think that was GA2?

Ah, you're right dude! I think I was mixing it up with Streets of Rage 3 as well. Totally agree about their emulator - it's awful.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
05-11-2011, 08:27 AM
I don't understand why SEGA doesn't ask its users what game they want to be brought. These ports can't do doing extremely well, as most iPhone gamers are casuals. I'd personally like to play Outrun, Sonic and Knuckles, or Contra.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
05-11-2011, 08:35 AM
young memories
05-11-2011, 08:50 AM
When SEGA will realise that we are tired of Golden Axe an their old pixel graphic style ,3 bucks !!! .... cmon , i will not buy it. ,give us something new ...GA3 looks like Rocky XVIII movie.
05-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Eh, i like the feeling of nostalgia from the old titles that you get when seeing the 'bad' graphics, but i really wish that Sega would bring these games with more care. Like, seriously- were they trying to win some kind of contest for 'worst implementation of virtual controls on the app store' or something?

I don't even mind paying the 3 bucks- i just wish that they'd improve their sh1tware emulator.
05-11-2011, 09:42 AM
The best way to play these games, if you have an iPad, is to full screen and then switch view to the alternate. By best I mean most bearable of course