★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The aim of Crazy Machines is to build crazy contraptions to complete the tasks set forth by the wacky Professor. Give free rein to your imagination and unleash the most incredible of chain reactions! You can, for example, have a billiard ball drop onto a lamp switch and turn it on. This, in turn, will shine through a magnifying glass to light a candle, which in turn heats the boiler of a steam engine, which drives a windmill, which blows a basketball through a basketball hoop, and so on and so forth...!

The award winning PC and Nintendo DS franchise is now available for your iPhone and iPod Touch.

In the secret laboratory of the crazy Professor, players have to solve various tricky experiments. Several half-finished machines the professor invented a long time ago have to be finished. The aim is to trigger a chain reaction_ to complete the processes the Professor forgot decades ago. For every challenge, _players have a limited number of elements at their disposal. Not only must players race against time to complete the tasks, but also deal with varying gravitational pulls depending on whether you find yourself on earth, the moon or in outer space!

Features:

-50 challenging levels.
-Over 70 elements to build with.
-Helpful tutorial to get you started.
-Construction Kit Create your own Crazy Machine!
-Award System _Build up your Construction Kit with new unlocked parts.

dhgamer's comments:

$2.99 intro price

Not sure how this slipped under the radar as it's not listed on Appshopper.

50 levels
70 parts
make your own contraptions

website is here

I've been waiting for something like this to come out. Not the developer, just a puzzle fan.
04-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Magnificent Gizmos & Gadgets came out too. Similar to Fantastic Contraption.
$4.99.

04-12-2009, 02:43 PM
pass....

this is my signature people get over it...
04-12-2009, 02:49 PM
got a copy of this game, I'll let you guys know if it's anything worthwhile. probably won't get to it till later tonight.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
04-12-2009, 06:00 PM
I've been hoping this game would arrive ever since I got my iPhone.

There's been a ton of great games over the week or so, so I'm still going to wait for a review.

I have the Mac version and I love it. It's a lot more complex than Fantastic Contraption.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
04-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Does it have some kind of level editor though like fantastic contraption? (Or as the description says, a machine editor)

04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Does it have some kind of level editor though like fantastic contraption? (Or as the description says, a machine editor)
from the link gocrys gave:

Quote:
Crazy Machines has two modes , a puzzle one in which you go through the 50 levels one by one and a Construction Kit one. In the construction kit you are given free hand in devising your own levels . You are put in front of a blank board and you have at your disposal the entire arsenal of 70 elements that you can place , the only boundary is your own imagination. A great plus that the designers could add in future updates would be to allow you to share these levels online and challenge your friends with them.
04-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Ah, I thought you created your own robots/machines and fought them against other creations, y'know, like that old Miniclip game, Robot Rage.
04-12-2009, 09:05 PM
This looks pretty fun actually and with a level editor comes endless possibilities. Plus it looks a lot more complex than fantastic contraption.

04-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
Looks like The Incredible Machine for the old Macs.