★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Angry Lines - brand new upcoming iPhone action game

05-11-2011, 05:22 AM
brand new upcoming iPhone action game

Hi there,
Just wanted to give a bit of info about our latest games.

It’s current codename is 'Angry Lines' (or Line Em Up, as you can see in the shots!) and it’ll be out within the month, but building up to that we’ve got a load of cool stuff to show off – well, we think it’s cool anyway!

First up, what is the game? Well, it’s the classic Tron ‘Light Cycle’ game (or Snake even, for those who had a Nokia phone back in the day) brought kicking screaming into the modern day via Geometry Wars 2 and Pacman Championship Edition. It’s got a kick ass retro vibe, a mad soundtrack, and is really really addictive – if you’re not chasing highscores all night long we’ll eat our hats!

Features:
- Wicked retro/modern graphic style
- 6 distinct modes
- Endless gameplay
- High-score chasing
- OpenFeint integration
- Powerups
- 3 simple control methods to choose from (Swipey, Tappy, or Turny!)
- Advanced play (combos, multipliers and the like)

We’re doing a lot to try and promote the game in the build up to its launch, and the first thing is pointing you guys towards the development diary we’re writing: http://bit.ly/lndtBD

Part 1 is up, with part 2 due later this week. I’ll be sure to update this post when it goes live.

We’ve also got a gallery showing some of the development of the game here: http://on.fb.me/jKzZg7 <- we show off development of the various game modes, their logos, and various other bit sand bobs we think are of interest.

If you want to follow the development on Twitter, add me @SpiltMilkStudio and search the tag #AngryLines too <- there’s always something being said/unveiled.

We also have a Facebook page, and we regularly post screenshots and behind-the-scenes stuff on there too. That is found here: http://on.fb.me/gXO2G0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1700.PNG
Views:	18
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	33115   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1701.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	33116   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1702.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	33117  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1706.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	33118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1707.PNG
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	33119   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1712.PNG
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	33120  

Last edited by SpiltMilkStudios; 05-14-2011 at 06:58 AM. Reason: updated name
05-11-2011, 05:33 AM
I might have looked at the game if the term "Angry" was not in the name. It just puts people of games now. It is now no longer effective.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

Last edited by triggywiggy; 05-11-2011 at 06:10 AM.

05-11-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
I might have looked at the game if the term "Angry" was not in the name. It just puts people of games now. It is now longer effective.
true
05-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Ishould've said it's a codename, as you can see in the shots it's also called 'Line Em Up'... bah.

Hope you guys give it a chance anyway
05-11-2011, 08:57 AM
What ever you do don't use Angry or Doodle in the name.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
05-11-2011, 02:21 PM
wonder if there's already some "angry doodle" game out there haha^^
screenshots look nice, hope the gameplay'll be outstanding (there are lots of games like this, however the old nokia one is still my favourite)

regards
05-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the comments. I think we're steering WELL clear of Angry and Doodle as names

We think it's WAY better than the old snake game, but then we're biased aren't we! Hopefully we'll be getting some previews done for it soon, so I'll post links up here for them.
05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
looks great, cant wait for it to be released
05-12-2011, 05:21 PM
It does look pretty cool, is there any video?
05-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiltMilkStudios View Post
Thanks for the comments. I think we're steering WELL clear of Angry and Doodle as names

We think it's WAY better than the old snake game, but then we're biased aren't we! Hopefully we'll be getting some previews done for it soon, so I'll post links up here for them.
Alright. Used to play snake on those LCD handheld things all the time when I was little.

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|