★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Aspirement
  • Genre: Card
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: To Bean or not to Bean

Play Bohnanza, the cult card game all about trading beans on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad! Grow your beans and harvest them at the right time and earn yourself valuable Bean Dollars.

Play Bohnanza anytime and anywhere!

Get fresh! The card game Bohnanza allows you to trade different types of beans on the global bean market, grow them in your fields and selling your harvest at a profit. Trading is particularly important, because what else could you do with your Stink Bean when you can only grow Green Beans or Chili Beans. So, get rid of it! You can even give it away, and sometimes this may win you the game.
Bohnanza is a fun and easy card game. Negotiating skillfully and keeping a watchful eye on your opponents' bean fields help you maximize your profits.

The new Bohnanza App: Simply a must-have for all card & board gamers.

Join our Bohnanza Facebook group: Bohnanza die offizielle Fanseite.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bohnanza-die-offizielle-Fanseite/154498357920557

Features:

+ Official App for the cult game Bohnanza
+ Based on the original game rules
+ Tutorial for extra-easy access
+ 2-player variant
+ Includes solo-player mode
+ Available in English & German
+ Choose between 6 different AI-players (at various difficulty levels)
+ Listen to your own music in the background

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=93870
05-11-2011, 07:39 AM
I sure hope this is official. Bohnanza is definitely one of the greatest card games out there, and is hugely popular on BoardGameGeek.com

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
I sure hope this is official. Bohnanza is definitely one of the greatest card games out there, and is hugely popular on BoardGameGeek.com
Can't imagine it not being official given the designer's name (Uwe Rosenberg) in the 1st screenshot and the sentence, "Official App for the cult game Bohnanza" in the app description.

But hey, you never know right?

Mac user since 1988
05-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I've never heard of it, but I love a good strategy card game. It's unclear to me if the app supports multiplayer on one device? Online? I presume not, but would like to hear otherwise. Also will look forward to the experts' opinions before buying.
05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
I've never understood the popularity of this one. Being restricted on what cards you can play from your hand always irked me something chronic. But this is a good sign! Hopefully more of the Amigo small box card games will follow suit - so hopefully this is associated with the publisher not just the author of this one specifically!