★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Colorbox
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: AppSpy - "As a distraction, Rooftop Escape provides a decent amount of entertainment while the objectives last."

148apps - "Offering endless falling gameplay with an objective based twist comes Rooftop Escape"

AppAdvice - "While there are about a million of these sorts of reverse Doodle Jump apps floating around, there havent been any that capitalize on those simple mechanics quite like this."

From the studio that brought you Dalton - The AWESOME!, A.I.R Defense and Wave - Against Every Beat! comes the next hit game, Rooftop Escape!

In Rooftop Escape, try to avoid deadly ledges and obstacles as you plummet down the side of a windswept skyscraper. Steer your player to clotheslines to slow yourself down and try to survive your deadly descent!

With an innovative scoring system and stylized art, this is one adventure not to be missed!

Features:

- Challenging falling mechanic with great retro artwork!

- Intuitive controls makes Rooftop Escape easy to play and hard to master!

- Avoid bone-crunching ledges and grab onto clotheslines to slow your fall!

- Complete objectives to multiply your high scores!

- OpenFeint support (Online Leaderboards & Achievements)!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

05-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Ops... looks like quite cool game release during this day, our Rooftop Escape is quite tiny.. :P

However, it's another very simple game from Colorbox, we're improving daily on our game, and we're looking for feedbacks to polish more on our later products as well as the update on our current games.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)

05-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Would love to try it out if you have any Promo Codes available for it, and could try to leave a review
05-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionnoirO View Post
Would love to try it out if you have any Promo Codes available for it, and could try to leave a review
You can't leave reviews for games you've been given promo codes for.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-11-2011, 10:07 AM
looks very cool...stylistically looks inspired by Canabalt ... with the whole dark feeling.

Nice comic book art style.
05-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I've just saw this from appadvice.

Quote:
While there are about a million of these sorts of reverse Doodle Jump apps floating around, there havent been any that capitalize on those simple mechanics quite like this. So far, the gameplay is simple and straightforward: Tap to move, and dont hit the ledges.
This is quite my game.
05-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
This isn't true. However you aren't supposed to post on this forum asking for promos.
05-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
This isn't true.
Yes it is... http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/news.asp?c=29566

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
I'm quite agree with it, only people that paid for the app should have the right to review what they bought.
05-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Yeah, this sadly has been the case. As a chatty promo hoarder myself I can confirm I've not been able to leave reviews for my last several promoed games, but, as this policy change was enacted so quiet and sneakily, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple silently reverses this ruling at some point in the future due to all the flack they've gotten for this stupid policy change.

Edit: Weird, it looks like I WAS allowed to post a review for this game so maybe Apple has already changed their mind although previously received promo codes during this "dark time" still won't allow me to leave reviews.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 05-11-2011 at 10:38 AM.