★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best Dungeon Crawlers?

05-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Best Dungeon Crawlers?

Hi all, I absolutely love playing both Desktop Dungeons and The Enchanted Cave on my PC, but I can't seem to find anything remotely as engaging on the iPhone thus far. I've so far downloaded 100 Rogues and Fargoal but I can't really get into either in the same way as the PC games.

Are there any other worthy dungeon crawlers that I've overlooked?
05-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
Hi all, I absolutely love playing both Desktop Dungeons and The Enchanted Cave on my PC, but I can't seem to find anything remotely as engaging on the iPhone thus far. I've so far downloaded 100 Rogues and Fargoal but I can't really get into either in the same way as the PC games.

Are there any other worthy dungeon crawlers that I've overlooked?
well at the moment im loving 'a weird rpg' its really good imo stort and sweet games are brilliant and don't be put of by the limited turns thing it actually makes it a lot more engaging

http://www.planetminecraft.com/serve...creative-more/
Check out this sweet minecraft server with factions, survival, creative, 5 types of minigames (including parkour with 5 different courses) as well as skyblock and skygrid worlds!
Join with the address: mc.eternalempire.co.uk

05-11-2011, 11:11 AM
I really like 100 rogues, but didn't dig fargoal at first but now I am loving it. Another one I am really liking is Legends of Yore and it is free. You can create an account and play cross saves with the pc version.

Gamecenter - Kurosaki Ichigo
05-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Cavern was a really great roguelike...i think it's not on the appstore anymore though.

Maybe RogueTouch, or Powdeer if you are a more hardcore rogue player. There's also Undercroft, which is not a roguelike, but which has a lot of classic golder-box style dungeon crawling. Maybe Solomon's Keep?

edit: I totally forgot Dungeons & Such!

i'm a pretty kitty cat
05-11-2011, 12:02 PM
The Sword of Fargoal takes a bit to get into, but then becomes rather addictive. Fargoal 2.0 is also in the works and should be released "before summer", though the programmer had preciously mentioned April and May, so this is pretty much a "when it's done" candidate. There will be additional classes and such, and it will be an universal app.

100 Rogues was the very first game I bought when I picked up an iPad. Still one of my favourites.

Of course, there's always Nethack! Both an iPhone version and an iPad-only HD version. Free.
05-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Undercroft, definitely. Not exactly a dungeon crawler, but The Quest is great too, if you don't mind the terrible graphics.

--------------------------------------------
Game Center / PSN ID = Misantropus
05-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
Of course, there's always Nethack! Both an iPhone version and an iPad-only HD version. Free.
Agreed! Nethack is the mother of them all IMO. Note however for the iPhone there are 2 implementations of Nethack, both are free but only one is actually playable, Dirk Zimmermann's iNethack (aka Nethack HD for the iPad).

Mac user since 1988
05-11-2011, 01:47 PM
8 bit treasures
The Dungeon
RogueTouch
League of Epic Heroes (pulled)
Enchanted Cave
Pitman

As well as all previously mentioned.
05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Sword of Fargoal.
Sword of Fargoal Legends.
Rogue Touch.
Powder.
100 Rogues.
Cavern.
iNethack.
The Dungeon.
Isle of 8bit Treasures.
Mysterious Land.
Abyss Quest.
DungeonMoto.
League of Epic Heroes.
Nethack.
Slash'Em.
Rogue.
Mazugs.
Deep Deep Dungeon.
Forget.Me.Not.
Pitman.
Legends Of Yore.

Some of these are not available anymore though.

Rixx

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656
05-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Rad! Always nice to hear that people still like The Dungeon!

I wrote The Dungeon! You should check it out!
Also, check out the official site for all of the stuff I make.
GameCenter: Sgt Flopsweat