★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Vay / SciFly / Poweboat?

11-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Vay / SciFly / Poweboat?

Which one do you guys think I should get?

- Vay

- SciFly: Dogfight

- Powerboat challenge
11-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Since all three belong to different gernes you should stay to the genre which you like most. Regarding content for money, I would stay to Vay, then the boat thing and then the dog thing, regarding the reviews I read.

Btw: WHY is Vay not available in all stores?

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

11-04-2008, 10:29 AM
ya, depends on what genre you prefer. But SciFly is the most unfinished feeling game.

arn
11-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys. My main concerns re Vay is its pixelly graphics and cutscenes. And the user interface is rather ugly too.

I like on-rail flight games like Starfox or StarSmasher, but I also like the look of SciFly.

And re Powerboat, does it feel like boat racing or just normal car racing with boat skin? If so, I'd better wait for NFS.
11-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Btw: WHY is Vay not available in all stores?
I don't know what you mean, you're from germany right? It's available in the german store for 3,99 .

@ topic: Purchase what you like most. If you're into RPGs go with Vay, if you're a fan of flying shooters download SciFly and if racing is your thing, buy Powerboat. Its no Wave Race but it feels like you're driving a boat, after playing Asphalt, it took a little while for me to get used to the controls in Powerboat.
11-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Argh. There it is! I searched for it (no results), I mailed the dev (no reply) and now there it is with August as a release date. That's strange.

Edit: Regarding the reviews it seems to be at the German store for about 4 week.

I'll definetly buy it

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

Last edited by Oliver; 11-04-2008 at 11:06 AM.
11-04-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm into all three. I love arcade racing, but the main reason I love PowerBoat (after hearing it's no WaveRace) is its stunning screenshots / video clips. The graphic looks awesome.

Maybe I'd just better wait for NFS and get Vay now. Afterall, there's no other RPG out there and none is coming soon.

Thanks again guys!
11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Nfs...

WHAT IS NFS?
11-04-2008, 12:22 PM
11-04-2008, 02:06 PM
It seems like you have already decided on what game your getting but I thought I would go ahead and give a shout out for Vay. I actually just picked it up a couple of days ago myself so I haven't gotten super far into it yet. If you like rpgs I would say its ok and would suggest that you pick it up. From what I can tell, the story and writing is pretty good and has a unique, slightly humorous feel and the combat system is pretty nice (LOVE the auto attack feature). However, the menus suck (and you have to use them a lot), and I'm not too into the control system of moving your character around. But, I've played a lot of old school rpgs back in the day and I like how I get to kinda experience that again with this game. I really wish more really good rpgs would come out, but until that happens, Vay is your best bet for an "epic adventure".