★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: PIXEL, New Games For Free (Formerly GameLab)

04-12-2009, 05:08 PM
PIXEL, New Games For Free (Formerly GameLab)

I thought it was about time that a new thread for PIXEL ($2.99) was started, because it's a good app and is finally getting some reasonably regular updates. So far it has 5 games and 1 app which can also be bought on their own:

Blink (Free): Twist on the classic Pong style table tennis game with awesome power-up's including; multi-ball, paddle size, invisi-ball, phantom ball, and more. Play vs your friend or vs the computer.

Lines ($1.99): A fun new puzzle game. Move the rows of tiles, to match the pattern. The boards range from the very easy to the very hard, and everywhere in between.

Oh Snap! ($1.99):
Bubble popping action game that is really a lot of fun. Pop all the bubbles before they land on the grass. Power ups make this an explosive and exciting game.

Thumb Wars ($0.99): Thumb Wars is the ultimate twitch game for your iphone. Thumb Wars is a collection of 7 mini games with a wide variety of action packed fun.

Payday (Free): Catch the money that falls down to your trusty bucket. You will feel richer playing this game.

Heckler ($0.99):
Sound machine to make any occasion more enjoyable.

Here are some screenshots:

So at the moment, I have to say that everyone should get PIXEL. The updates seem to be coming regularly now and the games that are currently in it are well worth $2.99 and with more possibly coming it is a steal.

Although this thread seems like I'm just advertising PIXEL; I'm just trying to bring it out of the dust and get it noticed. It has changed since it was GameLab and I hope that lots of people will get it and hopefully it'll keep having regular updates.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
04-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Looks pretty good!

04-12-2009, 05:44 PM
i got this when it first came out and promised us new games...and well none came....im not to happy with these people i will not be reinstalling for this..

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!
04-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Boo...
04-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Keeps crashing out on me... games aren't that impressive when it does work.
04-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Original 3 games were kind of solid and had a good amount of polish to them.

With the promise of further games in updates, it seemed like a great deal.

But I can't help but notice that the "extra" games that have been added are both lesser in quality and seem to have a lower standard of gameplay.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supg328911 View Post
i got this when it first came out and promised us new games...and well none came....im not to happy with these people i will not be reinstalling for this..
Since I bought it two new games came out, Thumb Wars and Payday. They're not the best games but they are some aren' they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson. View Post
Boo...
Uh huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freegoo View Post
Keeps crashing out on me... games aren't that impressive when it does work.
Thumb Wars also crashes on me sometimes, and it's true that the new games aren't too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post

But I can't help but notice that the "extra" games that have been added are both lesser in quality and seem to have a lower standard of gameplay.
I actually think that Thumb Wars is pretty polished except for the fact that it crashes on the start up quite often... Payday on the other hand really doesn't have very much polish. It has a plain black background which just looks like the developers forgot to put a good background on it like Oh Snap! has. The animation for the falling dollars looks good but without a background it just looks empty.

I still believe that PIXEL is worth $2.99 and I'm going to email the developers to see what they can do about Payday.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
04-13-2009, 11:03 AM
the Finger game is bad.
Crash EVERY time ..

My Mafia Live Code: 163 810 991
Let's kill them all !!!
04-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post

+1

First game in progress...
04-13-2009, 12:05 PM
From the feedback here, looks like you'll have to pay me to get this one

Probably won't get it even if it's free due to the fact that I'm slowly but surely running out of memory on my iPhone (only 200 mb left, 4.5 gb of apps).