★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Im pretty hooked on this game, and I havent encountered much that gets in the way of my fun." - Touch Arcade Review

-Listed in New and Noteworthy!
-Listed in What's Hot!

WARNING - Hard8 is very addicting. Games on the Down Low can take no responsibility for your loss of job or social life due to playing it.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way (government mandated by the way!) you are probably asking what is this Hard8 game I have been hearing of all about?

Well the premise is simple, you tap one of the 8 columns to drop dice onto the board, trying to clear them by making 8's. You can use any number of Dice in any combination to make an 8. So a 6 and a 2 will clear the same as a 1, 1, 1, 2 and 3.

Sounds simple? Well we are throwing a few tricks your way. First, there are rounds that move items from the bottom up towards the top. Second, there sometimes are dice that are random numbered until you drop them. We are sneaky like that!

We do give you some tricks to help you out. If you drop your dice on 3 cherries a Cherry Bomb is unlocked. The Cherry Bomb will clear the entire column it is dropped on and the bottom row. There are also 3 fruits that can be captured. To get a fruit you have to make more than a single 8 on one dice drop. Getting all 3 fruits will clear all the blockers on the screen.

You want more features? We got them!

Beautiful RETINA enhanced graphics!

Listen to your own Music while playing Hard8 with the integrated iPod Player support!

3 Game Modes!
-------------
Puzzle - 30 unique levels that will test your skill! Each level has a certain number of diamonds you have to collect to unlock the next level!

Challenge - See how long you can last! This is the free play mode of Hard8.

Tournament - The ultimate test of your Challenge Mode skill! Each game has the dice pattern, so no player has the edge!

20 Game Center Achievements!

15 Leaderboards with All-Time, Monthly and Daily leaders listed!

Track your personal best scores!

Stats Galore! Track your progress using a multitude of stats, including your average score in every mode and every level!

Watch the YouTube Movie! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTU3RDiVjew

What else is the Media saying?
"Hard8 focuses on getting a basic idea hugely polished and extremely accessible. And it succeeds at that. If you are the kind of person that plays iPhone games to make public transport a little more bearable, then I can easily recommend this." - www.digitallydownloaded.net

We'll see you on the Leaderboards!

OneEye's comments:
Hard8, our drop/match game (think drop7 on steroids) is now available in the App Store! If you like drop/match games then this is the one for you!

Movie:

Thanks to all the Touch Arcade'ers who helped us test this!

I've said this to the testers -- I've worked on alot of great PC and Console Games (Deus Ex, System Shock, Front Page Sports, Turok, etc) and some great iOS games (Underworlds, Prize Machine, etc) but this is the one I'm most proud of.
05-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Piqued my interest. Really good little game. I've only been playing for a few minutes- in Puzzle but so far first impressions are definitely good. This is quite possibly another time sink like Drop7. Here we go again?...

05-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
Hard8, our Drop7 killer is now available in the App Store!
Wow, that's quite a statement. I'll bite.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
05-11-2011, 03:41 PM
How do I beat level 3?

This game is really fun so far, but be warned, it can be addictive!

I like the way the player rankings show how I stack up against others, but also that it is easy to pick up and play even if I am somewhere without a phone signal. Good music and graphics too.

Comparing this to Drop 7 is not exactly fair because this game has a lot more going on!

Do you need art for an App? Check out my comics:
Cy-Boar
05-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Great fun but a quick heads up to the developer, the default Tweet for a 14th round 25,019 score was 3 characters over the 140 character limit.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Really fun game...nice job.
05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz73 View Post
This game is really fun so far, but be warned, it can be addictive!

I like the way the player rankings show how I stack up against others, but also that it is easy to pick up and play even if I am somewhere without a phone signal. Good music and graphics too.

Comparing this to Drop 7 is not exactly fair because this game has a lot more going on!
It can be done!

I actually love the open nature of these puzzles where there is no real set way through, just a semi-preset board layout and an objective number of diamonds to get.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
It can be done!

I actually love the open nature of these puzzles where there is no real set way through, just a semi-preset board layout and an objective number of diamonds to get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Great fun but a quick heads up to the developer, the default Tweet for a 14th round 25,019 score was 3 characters over the 140 character limit.
Ugh! Well, that's something for the 1.01 update!

Thanks for the heads up
05-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Loving this game

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
05-11-2011, 05:55 PM
looks interesting