★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Games that ignore the iphone`s silent mode.

04-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Games that ignore the iphone`s silent mode.

Games that ignore the iphone`s silent mode...... What's up with that? Drives me mental. And if you do make a games that ignores the silent mode, AT LEAST have an option in the iphone's setting menu allowing you to turn the sound completely off.

P.S. This rant is a result of playing scrabble, and discovering that it ignores silent mode, and that the intro music can't even be turned off...unless you manually turn the volume down at start up.
04-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah zombieville USA ignores it which really angers me.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.

04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clymos View Post
Yeah zombieville USA ignores it which really angers me.
They are changing this in the next update

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
04-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
I hate it too. But then, I just plug in my old iPhone's headphone jack that I have cut for just the occasion haha.
04-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
They are changing this in the next update
Good because I have not played that game in a while and once they fix that I might play it again it is a hassle to turn the volume all that way down.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
04-12-2009, 08:15 PM
amatuer sugeoun... i was at temple and it blared FULL voluime
04-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat95 View Post
amatuer sugeoun... i was at temple and it blared FULL voluime
Probably a sign not to play it there.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
04-13-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm looking at you Puzzle Quest...

Also games which don't save your current progress if you're interrupted are annoying too... Second strike for Puzzle Quest.
04-13-2009, 08:49 AM
I downloaded WordsWorth this weekend, and it was the first I'd ran into in quite a while that ignores the silent switch. I haven't even played it yet, I was so pissed.

My games: ActionChess, Oppo-Citrus & Catchup
blog: http://chesstris.com/ twitter: livingtech GameCenter: grid
04-13-2009, 08:52 AM
bobby carrot does that for me so when i turn it back on i see that ive spent 2 hours on one puzzle

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity