★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A fast thinking RTS game, with tactic capabilities and graphics in unique style. Take over the enemy colonies to battle your way through 13 challenging levels that call for your skill and wit.

strivemind's comments:

RTS game. Game Center enabled.
Plays like Galcon, but with some twists.

Demo available on their website (link thanks to Squeaker)
05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Oooo I like the graphics style. Let's see if I can find a vid.
05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Bleh, hate when games like these are called RTS. "Rarely true strategy" would be the only appropriate acronym..meh. Just bitter xP.

Twitter: @back2this
05-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I don't mind casual RTS on iOS since it's mostly to kill time on the go, as long as it's fun and not too shallow. Somehow I have more patience for 'huge' games when I sit in front of my PC.

Anyway, seems like you can trial play the game here on their website, I'm on iPad so can't check it out now.
05-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Tried the demo on their site. Game is actually really good, it's just a shame that there's only 13 levels.

Each level is unique, and well designed both graphically and strategically.
Gameplay uses Galcon-style unit spawning, but with some twists:
- timer on each building shows when units are generated, allowing you to strategically assault a building before it generates more units (often 10 at a time)
- certain buildings act as powerups to units that pass through, granting things like 2.5x power, or rocket-pack ability to leap to a few different locations.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Game Impressions

Got a promo code to review this. I'm posting the same review here, in the app store, and on my site.

There are many strategy titles available on the App Store, but Control Craft throws in a few twists.

The SciFi art style is excellent. Dark abstract landscapes with bright neon lights, and a dense haze between the foreground and background elements. The visuals really pop, and there is lots of fine details to discover.

There are some occasional issues with the sound stopping, but overall no real problems.

The strategy gameplay is fast and intense. Most towers generate lumps of 5 or 10 units at a time, with a countdown between each spawn. This, coupled with limits on how many units you can hoard in each tower, really force you to play aggressively in fear of wasting resources, or allowing the challenging AI to overrun you. Special bases can generate extra units, electrocute approaching enemies, add extra defense to units passing through, or equip a jetpack that allows that base to assault any other on the map. As mentioned earlier, the enemy AI is often aggressive and challenging, and youll occasionally face 2 or 3 at once.

Controls are pretty standard for this type of game, but are a touch fidgety on smaller devices when it comes to directing your troupes. It would be nice if the touch area was larger.

There are only 13 maps available, which are unlocked in a linear progression. I can understand that each map is finely crafted and illustrated, but its still not that many. There is sadly also no multiplayer. The lack of content unfortunately makes Control Craft a rather short-lived game.

Still worth checking out for strategy fans, there are other titles available with more approachable difficulty, and much more content.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind