★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Gamebook Adventures 1 - 5 Complete Your Collection Sale

05-12-2011, 04:47 AM
Gamebook Adventures 1 - 5 Complete Your Collection Sale

Hi all,

With the imminent arrival of Gamebook Adventures 6: The Wizard from Tarnath Tor, we have reduced all 5 of our Gamebook Adventures series by 40%!

So if you have been waiting for a sale and looking to fill in any gamebooks in your collection, then now is a great time to do so! The latest update contains GAME CENTER support! Remember too that Gamebook Adventures is Universal - so if you own the iPhone/iPod Touch version, you get the iPad version for free and vice-versa!

If you've never heard of us before and are curious, check out the all new www.gamebookadventures.com website for more info!

An Assassin in Orlandes - App Store link

The Siege of the Necromancer - App Store link

Slaves of Rema - App Store link

Revenant Rising - App Store link

Catacombs of the Undercity

Enjoy!

The Tin Man

Follow us on the Tin Man Games blog and check out our latest Gamebook Adventures and Fighting Fantasy sites for links to our GA and FF apps!
05-12-2011, 05:40 AM
But but... I already had the whole collection!

05-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Drop the price to $1/book and I'll become interested. $4 is way too much (I'd rather buy a real book at this price).

ALL-TIME TOP TEN: 1 Magic 2013 - 2 Cut The Rope - 3 Infinity Blade - 4 Soosiz - 5 FIFA 13 - 6 Anomaly Warzone Earth - 7 Plants vs Zombies - 8 Death Rally - 9 Space Miner - 10 Momonga
PLAYING: The World Ends With You, Gemini Rue, Jacob Jones, Football Manager 2013
05-12-2011, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Drop the price to $1/book and I'll become interested. $4 is way too much (I'd rather buy a real book at this price).
Precisely what I was thinking. I'd also be interested was it not way overpriced.

--------------------------------------------
Game Center / PSN ID = Misantropus
05-12-2011, 07:15 AM
What books are you reading at $3?
05-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Which of those GA books you guys liked the most? Thinking of buying a new one after finishing GA5
05-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindw0rk View Post
Which of those GA books you guys liked the most? Thinking of buying a new one after finishing GA5
I still like the way the first book starts out best - it's a little less combat-intensive. Several of the others feel more like the Fighting Fantasy novels (not that there's anything wrong with that, I love those too!)

That being said, you can't go wrong with any of these, they're the best implementation of gamebooks anywhere, IMHO - and speaking as someone who's been into this since he started collecting Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid... I paid $5 for most of this series and have been very happy with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
05-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Do you read romance novels?
05-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukester View Post
"Drop the price because I'm cheap and, through my enormous sense of entitlement, expect to constantly be given great products for next to nothing. Also, when you go out of business from all those $1 sales, I'll be sure to continue to not support you."
Drop the price because I'm not part of your target market (nostalgic fans of "Choose your own adventure" books). Not being a fan, I'm only remotely interested in your product. You want my money, try a price drop. You don't want my money, keep your prices up.

Also, not being a fan, I compare your games with the rest of the AppStore - let's see, what can I get for $3? Starfront Collision OR Highborn HD OR Plants vs Zombies OR Death Rally etc (I'm not even talking about the ton of $1 games with longer lifespan and replayability).

About the "what books do I read for $3" - the price was still $5 yesterday, at least in my part of the world. It's $3 now, all right. Mea culpa.

ALL-TIME TOP TEN: 1 Magic 2013 - 2 Cut The Rope - 3 Infinity Blade - 4 Soosiz - 5 FIFA 13 - 6 Anomaly Warzone Earth - 7 Plants vs Zombies - 8 Death Rally - 9 Space Miner - 10 Momonga
PLAYING: The World Ends With You, Gemini Rue, Jacob Jones, Football Manager 2013
05-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
What books are you reading at $3?
Last I checked there were thousands of free books online, not only classics but also a lot of decent new ones. Not to mention the millions of libraries scattered all over the world with minimal fees if any.

So, if you're comparing an App Store game to literature, which I don't think is adequate but I'll pretend to just to play your game, I can find thousands of cheaper and more qualified titles nearly anywhere.

Quote:
Drop the price because I'm not part of your target market (nostalgic fans of "Choose your own adventure" books). Not being a fan, I'm only remotely interested in your product. You want my money, try a price drop. You don't want my money, keep your prices up.

Also, not being a fan, I compare your games with the rest of the AppStore - let's see, what can I get for $3? Starfront Collision OR Highborn HD OR Plants vs Zombies OR Death Rally etc (I'm not even talking about the ton of $1 games with longer lifespan and replayability).
That. Exactly that.

--------------------------------------------
Game Center / PSN ID = Misantropus