★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How easy to make this app?

05-12-2011, 06:36 AM
How easy to make this app?

How easy is it for a single person to make this app such as Fat booth and how muc his this making at number 1?
05-12-2011, 06:47 AM
usually it's not that easy!You have to know how to code(objective c), you must have a good design for it and creating a FatBooth copy wont grant you the same success!

My Twitter:@Tudor

05-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLeQuack View Post
usually it's not that easy!You have to know how to code(objective c), you must have a good design for it and creating a FatBooth copy wont grant you the same success!
What if you hire someone to program it?
Easy and cheap?
05-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Easy...maybe, but not so cheap!It also depends on who is making it for you , but a good developer doesn't come cheap!

My Twitter:@Tudor
05-12-2011, 08:41 AM
I had a bit of a background in Java/Javascript/C. It wasn't too much of a jump to objective-c. Having worked with ASP and Cobol, I find the programming environment we work with much more friendly.

I don't think that creating the apps are the main issue with what we do. More often than not their's a solution to most problems. Somebody, somewhere will have faced the same problem, tried to do the same thing as you. Their's lots of code out there. The main issue is about getting your great app noticed. MARKETING, MARKETING, MARKETING.

I would almost say that if you had to better at either marketing or being a developer, being better at marketing would come first, IMO. I would imagine that you can make more money by having an average game with great marketing than you could with a great game with poor/no marketing.

Just my opinion.
05-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Name a price and we'll see how many programmers agree to it

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Name a price and we'll see how many programmers agree to it
Thousand dollars

How much are they makin you think in top ten?
05-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Plooper - unless you're extremely lucky and find someone who's raw but talented, I'd be very surprised if you'd get more than 3-4 days programming work for that budget - even less if you hire a dev company.

And that doesn't take into account things like graphics, sound, marketing... I think that unless you can do most of these yourself, there's no way you could even get a simple app made for much less than $10k.

If you want to start your own company to publish the game you also have to think about things like tax, accounting, and if you want to be a real business, staff and somewhere to work (though a lot of app companies work remotely).

It's not something that should be taken lightly, and I think the gold rush days where you could make millions for a tiny outlay are long gone (if they ever really existed).

The app store is so pro these days, and even huge companies with extremely slick apps are cutting their own throats just to get their apps in front of people (and I say this a developer with the #1 Free app in the UK right now).

Unless you've got a huge amount of cash that you want to take a punt with, but can afford to lose, I'd think about it very carefully.
05-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plooper View Post
Thousand dollars

How much are they makin you think in top ten?

invest 1k and you probably earn 50-100$ in total.
05-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
invest 1k and you probably earn 50-100$ in total.
Do app charts mean nothing then?