★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: --READY TO STOP THE KNIGHTS?--
Downloaded over a hundred thousand times! Stop the Knights is the #1 strategy game to play!

Ever wanted to play as the all powerful Dracula himself?

Experience what it feels like to summon classic minions like Skeletons and Bats to fight off a nasty invasion of knights! Amass an incredible army and watch the knights crumble at your might!

Players all begin with a castle they must defend. Knights will enter the castle in waves, and players must summon his minions into the rooms in the castle to fight off the knights before they reach Dracula's throne room.

With a simple but deep resource system and huge variety of minions, each with their own distinct powers and abilities. Players will find themselves in a world where every level plays out differently and can be beaten in many different ways!

- Minions move around the castle with their own quirks and behaviors. Plan the best place to place your minions for the best results!
- 20 custom designed levels, each with its special layouts and quirks, with even more levels to come!
- 7 different minions to summon including the Cyclops and Dragons!
- Re-play levels to achieve a 'Flawless' rating!

Check out our facebook page for all our latest updates!
http://www.facebook.com/StoptheKnights

And also check out the trailer to see the game in motion!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5WWu-Fa3tk

strivemind's comments:

Screenshots remind me of Defenders Chronicles.
05-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Screenshots remind me of Defenders Chronicles.
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Looks interesting, and I like the artwork.
Devs really need to learn to release videos with their games.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams

05-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I played the crap out of Defender Chronicles, but part of it was the polish that they gave to it. If this doesn't suck, it may be fun.

Ipad 2 64gb, Ipod Touch 4 32gb. Avid gamer.
Too many favorites to list!
Agon/Open Feint/Gameloft/Plus+/Crystal/Game Center/XboxLive: "Zallman"
05-12-2011, 01:41 PM
This actually looks like a game similar to Square Enix's My Life As a Darklord, which was an awesome defense game.

Well from looking at the Facebook page and app store screenshots, this definitely looks similar to Defender Chronicles except without the awesome RPG elements.

Last edited by Seishu; 05-12-2011 at 02:01 PM.
05-12-2011, 02:05 PM
No Game Centre? No sale for me.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
05-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Love the art
05-13-2011, 11:03 PM
The game is pretty straight forward. You place minions in your castle, and wait for them to kill the knights. There isn't an options menu or anything, just a start page, level select map, and credits page. The game starts you off with a brief introduction, and it also introduces new minions as you unlock them. Plays just like My Life As A Darklord, you place minions in a spot and they defend that spot as invading knights enter on different floors to get to Dracula's orb thing.

06-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Stop The Knights updated.

Hi, I am one of the developer of the game 'Stop The Knights', and I would like to thank @strivemind for posting the game here, I apologize for not replying anything here for quite a long time, because we were still working to fix a couple of bugs and submit game updates to the app store.

I am happy to announce that the update (version 1.1) has been approved, and its up on the app store, whats new in this version are some bug fixes along with game center support, and we are still working to add more levels in the future updates. Please stay tuned, and feedbacks would be much appreciated. You can also report any bugs direcly here. We will keep watching this forum topic. Thank you.

If you want to find out more about the game, we have our website at:
http://stopknights.appspot.com

or facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/StoptheKnights

and our game trailer video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5WWu-Fa3tk
06-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Game Review by iBirdy.com

We got a nice detailed review here.

Stop the Knights, from the bad guys a review by iBirdy
Stop the Knights is is a example of genre castle defense in opposite, which you have to defend the castle from the bad boys. Do not know about you, but personally I love to be on the bad.. [read more]
06-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wihu View Post
We got a nice detailed review here.

Stop the Knights, from the bad guys a review by iBirdy
Stop the Knights is is a example of genre castle defense in opposite, which you have to defend the castle from the bad boys. Do not know about you, but personally I love to be on the bad.. [read more]
Ugh, sorry to say, but that is a terribly written review. I can't understand half of what's written. Seems like the author wrote it in his native language, then translated it using Google translate.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams