★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Damnit, Appshopper....!!

05-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Damnit, Appshopper....!!

-edited-

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs

Last edited by KiddToKmart; 05-13-2011 at 12:16 AM.
05-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
You can check the "new games" tab at the top of the site. It also lists new games and price drops.

05-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
You can check the "new games" tab at the top of the site. It also lists new games and price drops.
That wasn't my point, my friend - not sure if you read my 'rant' through properly... hehe.

I end up having to refresh the forums more often than relying on automatic notifications on my iPhone to be notified about price drops and sales - which is a bit more of a pain. AppShopper lists new games and price drops, yes - my point was that they are excruciatingly delayed these days (refer to the examples I mentioned above). I wanted to know if there were any other alternate sites which did the same, more effectively.

05-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukester View Post
You're not going to find anything better than AppShopper.

Instead of ranting, you might consider being grateful it exists at all.

I am indeed grateful it exists - perhaps I should have made my intentions of posting this a bit more clear. I was simply trying to find a website which updated quicker (or to know if one existed).

05-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
I always thought AppShopper was one of the best sites to keep up to date on prices and sales but, it's been letting me down a lot!

I have about 15-20 titles on my Wish List and, noticed that as prices drop in real time, the update on AppShopper happens anywhere from 1 hour to as many as 12 hours later (take Warpgate HD for example... very late notice. Spirits for iPad went FREE yesterday - yet it's only announced "55 minutes ago" on Appshopper. Mos Speedrun is still nowhere to be seen/announced. And the list goes on!).

Isn't there or aren't there any sites that have up-to-date, almost real-time information on iPhone and iPad sales and price drops? On my iPad, I regularly keep checking an app called Freebies (pretty fast and up to date) and App Hits (very nice Outlook-esque, organized view with up to date info) - but what about actual web sites on the PC?
I spend about one or two minutes checking the latest specials for Popular game every morning. If you can't find 2 minutes of your life to do that then you have no right in complaining.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
05-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
I spend about one or two minutes checking the latest specials for Popular game every morning. If you can't find 2 minutes of your life to do that then you have no right in complaining.
On the contrary, I check in on the forums quite often.
I turn to sites and/or apps like AppShopper because the information a) is often more consolidated than the forums and b) they offer information about price drops on not only games, but Applications (which are hardly discussed on TA).

Anyhow - the way I phrased my original post was a bit haphazard and I apologize for that - this thread was going in a direction differently than what I intended. Editing out my main post.

05-13-2011, 12:19 AM
You should re-edit your post because the main summary of it was ranting about AppShopper and only 2 sentences on finding a different site. Think you'll get more appropriate responses to what your looking for.
I'm quite happy with that app personally.

(your title doesn't help much either)

Last edited by Coldar; 05-13-2011 at 12:38 AM. Reason: added last sentence
05-13-2011, 02:43 AM
You just vent angry to appshopper's bro.
05-13-2011, 03:14 AM
When I saw the subject title, I thought it would be a tongue-in-cheek comment about how it causes you to buy a lot of price-dropped 99c apps. That's certainly my "problem" with it!
05-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
That wasn't my point, my friend - not sure if you read my 'rant' through properly... hehe.

I end up having to refresh the forums more often than relying on automatic notifications on my iPhone to be notified about price drops and sales - which is a bit more of a pain. AppShopper lists new games and price drops, yes - my point was that they are excruciatingly delayed these days (refer to the examples I mentioned above). I wanted to know if there were any other alternate sites which did the same, more effectively.
It is normal for the delay in Appshopper. Can't help it.

Things change, roll with punches. But I know, all is gonna come together.