★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ankama
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 20.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2.120613
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Discover the first iOS game to be set in the world of DOFUS, the multiple awarding winning MMORPG played by several million players worldwide.

DOFUS : Battles HD Lite offers the perfect mix of TowerDefense and Real Time Strategy mechanisms, skilfully sprinkled with a touch of RPG.
No, youre not dreaming this is revolutionary.

With DOFUS : Battles HD Lite, prepare to experience a unique and extraordinary adventure which plays out in the World of Twelve. Set off in search of Jeff Stobbs and the demonic Naz T. Peasawerk, and stop them from taking over the world!

Take command of an army of twelve legendary heroes led by the gods fantastical summons, Animakhal the dragon. Send them into battle against hordes of bloodthirsty monsters in epic battles which will put your strategy and your reflexes to the test.

Tinsel's comments:
Sorry I don't know how to add the iTunes app page, but here is the link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dofus-battles-hd-lite/id408625686?mt=8

This is based on the French MMO Dofus of course. I always like the art style in those games, so I grabbed the free version. Any reviews of the full version?
05-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Never heard of this before but the demo is amazing. The game really looks stunning and it was super easy to get into. I may grab this over the weekend.

05-13-2011, 01:24 AM
I think this might be the most visually attractive game I have loaded up on my ipad. Pocket gamer had a vid for this yesterday liked what I saw. Bought. The only thing is the vid made it look like this would be universal. It's not.
05-13-2011, 02:30 AM
I've put some time into this and have come away quite impressed. It's a thoroughly fascinating hybrid, really, of several known genres, each with subtle and unexpected variations on the theme:
  • It's a Real-Time Strategy game, but not an RTS.
  • It feels like a Turn-Based Strategy game, but there are no turns, just waves.
  • It has elements of a Role-Playing Game, but it's not an RPG, in the common sense of the term.
  • On top of all this, it's billed as an MMORPG!
I know, right! What kind of mind-fop is this? I've played most of the 12 (I think) character classes and each has a primary skill, different from all the rest. The game is all about determining which combination of heroes is best suited to fight a particular assortment of creatures, from what seems like and endless supply.

It's way too early to assess this game fairly, but I am truly intrigued and have enjoyed every moment of it. The artwork is drop-dead gorgeous, the animations are detailed and diverse, and the whole package seems huge, extensible, and characterful in a way that only the French can provide.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
05-13-2011, 03:00 AM
So is this a mmorpg or not?
05-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
So is this a mmorpg or not?
No, not as far as I can tell; it's single-player strategy game, in which you control a party of your choosing for each encounter. More like a tactics game, really lol. I believe it is simply set in the same world as some French MMORPG. Don't know anything about it, personally, as I am not French.

Edit: Whoa, whoa, whoa, I just entered a new area and I think my previous statement was incorrect. That was a helluva long intro, but I guess I'm about to be in the full game...

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 05-13-2011 at 03:33 AM.
05-13-2011, 03:42 AM
Eh? Eh???! Come back with more info djflippy, I'm hovering on the buy button anxiously here~~~
05-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Eh? Eh???! Come back with more info djflippy, I'm hovering on the buy button anxiously here~~~
Loving this game...it's superb. Amazing production values- great to play. It's a very accomplished genre mash up and still manages to be more than the sum of it's parts. What a surprise for the weekend. This goes straight to the top of my playlist. Jump in folks!

Last edited by Bad Hanson; 05-13-2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Adding more awesomeness to thread
05-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Wow. i don't know whats going on here, i guess I'm gonna have to buy it to find out..
05-13-2011, 08:19 AM
This game looks so interesting, I have way to many games that I don't play but I don't think I resist buying this too.