★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Choose one of 7 unique characters in this classic style RPG designed specifically for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.

DRAGOON
Trained in the art of war since childhood, dragoons excel in physical combat. Cyrus served as a dragoon in the royal army for 7 years, but when his family was killed by a clan of raiders, he deserted the army to avenge their deaths.

SKY PIRATE
Born into a culture that values adventure and glory above all else, a sky pirate's most treasured possessions are his sword and his wit. And his treasure. At the ripe age of 24, Aden has already surpassed the average life expectancy of a sky pirate.

DRYAD
Native to the forests, Dryads serve as protectors of the balance. In a land where the climate has become unstable and new leadership is needed, Lylia has set out to find peace in troubled times.

GENIE
Once a great civilization, the magically gifted Genies were wiped out by an unknown disaster. With no memory of his childhood and a clouded understanding of his roots, Jinx has set out to discover the true origin of his people.

HIGH ELF
Valuing discipline and honor above all else, High Elves are often very distrusting of other races. Trained in both physical combat and fire magic, Kal'dan is determined to bring glory to his homeland.

ALCHEMIST
Possessing impeccable knowledge of alchemy and poisons, most alchemists use their skills for financial gain. Disinterested in a life of wealth, Lucien has chosen to leave the safety of the city to push the boundaries of his knowledge.

REVENANT
Empowered and imprisoned by the dark magic of his armor, the man now known only as Baron has consumed his enemies with fear for hundreds of years. Weighed down by years of solitude, Baron only wishes to return to the mortal life he once had.

SkyMuffin's comments:

Quote:
Description:

Choose one of 7 unique characters in this classic style RPG designed specifically for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.

DRAGOON
Trained in the art of war since childhood, dragoons excel in physical combat. Cyrus served as a dragoon in the royal army for 7 years, but when his family was killed by a clan of raiders, he deserted the army to avenge their deaths.

SKY PIRATE
Born into a culture that values adventure and glory above all else, a sky pirate's most treasured possessions are his sword and his wit. And his treasure. At the ripe age of 24, Aden has already surpassed the average life expectancy of a sky pirate.

DRYAD
Native to the forests, Dryads serve as protectors of the balance. In a land where the climate has become unstable and new leadership is needed, Lylia has set out to find peace in troubled times.

GENIE
Once a great civilization, the magically gifted Genies were wiped out by an unknown disaster. With no memory of his childhood and a clouded understanding of his roots, Jinx has set out to discover the true origin of his people.

HIGH ELF
Valuing discipline and honor above all else, High Elves are often very distrusting of other races. Trained in both physical combat and fire magic, Kal'dan is determined to bring glory to his homeland.

ALCHEMIST
Possessing impeccable knowledge of alchemy and poisons, most alchemists use their skills for financial gain. Disinterested in a life of wealth, Lucien has chosen to leave the safety of the city to push the boundaries of his knowledge.

REVENANT
Empowered and imprisoned by the dark magic of his armor, the man now known only as Baron has consumed his enemies with fear for hundreds of years. Weighed down by years of solitude, Baron only wishes to return to the mortal life he once had.
I finally beat ImNoSuperman to something!

Just bought this, trying now for the team. Based on descriptions (and decent English), it looks like it is an American venture, and not a port or translation.
05-13-2011, 05:55 AM
I'll buy this.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

05-13-2011, 06:04 AM
i'm all over this. looks great!
05-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I'll buy this.
Vovin, you're the RPG King.

Game looks interesting. Seems a lot like a RPG-Maker game though, which has both it's pros and cons.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Impressions please

Please support these indie developers for putting in so much effort and making what is known as a hidden gem .

ChaoticBox - Silverfish Cat in a Box Games - Red Conquest!
05-13-2011, 06:25 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Game Impressions

First impressions:

- It takes about 5 seconds to startup on my iPod Touch 4g, so it isn't bad in that respect.
-does not have fast app switching support-- reloads each time you go out of the app, regardless of multitask.
-it does, however, automatically save on a regular basis.
-It's not quite retina display optimized, but the graphics are clean enough so that you hardly notice it (see screenshots).
-The D-pad is a tad on the small size. It's okay for me (i have a small frame/i'm pretty skiny), but it might be harder for others. There is no option to change placement/size of the dpad.
-There is a slight pause on your character anytime you press "A". May or may not affect gameplay.

-Looks like a your typical JRPG style game.
-The premise is also typical JRPG-- some king is retiring, so he calls seven heroes to his castle to help find four orbs of power.
-There are seven different heroes, each with a different background and personality. You start with one which you choose.
-Along your journey, you encounter the other heroes and they each have different things to say to you based on who you are, which is kind of neat. According to in-game dialogue, some of them may join you eventually.
-Some pretty good music. Definitely above average. It may even be memorable with time.
-There are hidden items
-It has a menu battle system like the Final Fantasy games. The menu is on the right-hand side of the screen. Unfortunately, there is no setting to change it to left. There is also no touch/slash control like in Ash, but battles move fast enough.
-My character walks just a little too slow for my taste. You might get impatient with it haha.

So far, based on the pretty good production values, I'd say it's worth picking up. The dialogue is solid. Haven't played enough to know about conversations or length of the game or boss fights yet.

Screens (resized to fit the forums, retina links at bottom):

World map overview:

2nd world map overview:

Like any JRPG, you walk into strangers' houses and steal their stuff. I thought this was a pretty funny breaking of the fourth wall (after I barged in and stole a potion):

Here's a screenshot from in-town. The graphics are colorful and pleasing.

A screen of the battle system:

An image that isn't resized, so you can look at how it is on retina
Another native resolution, of battle
Another, of the world map

i'm a pretty kitty cat

Last edited by SkyMuffin; 05-13-2011 at 06:32 AM.
05-13-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
It has a menu battle system like the Final Fantasy games.

I expected this because of screenie 5 and that sold me.

Game looks good, so I'll give it a try as soon as I have wifi available.

Thanks for yer impressions, SkyMuffin!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
05-13-2011, 09:11 AM
wooooot!

finally! something similar to dragon quest!
i miss this game from my childhood days! if anyone can tell me if it plays just like dragon warrior please do!

Last edited by Bigsby; 05-13-2011 at 09:16 AM.
05-13-2011, 09:44 AM
This looks like Ash, a quality 2D JRPG. Will probably be picking this up. Can never resist a good RPG.

Twitter: @back2this
05-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Looks awesome