★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Outstanding!!!!!!!
Definitely has my vote for best game of the year!"
~YoTheDoctor

"Highly addictive and so good you cannot put it down."
~iPhoneGlance.com

"The Future Of Connect-Three Gaming"
~Appbite.com

"I love this game!
It is fun, creates dexterity and it is non violent. The sounds are even soothing. Playing it for me is unlike playing other games, it is a mix of being competitive and meditation. Like some sort of enlightenment training. Gaming akido!"
~DarciAyur

"Like a good bag of chips you dont want to put down!
This is one of those games that can be your enemy if you have lots of things need to be done. Addiction factor is high."
~Smurf Herder

"Calming Zen
Don't know the rules, don't understand how I get 'points,' and I just don't care! Fell in love even before I finally turned on sound for transcendent mood music/effects Really appeals to both my artistic side, AND the O.C. side that needs to analyze/organize, yet totally fun. Plus you can stop/pick back up at any time, so you don't need to have a lot of time to play. Get it!"
~VirtualVictoria

Love this game!
"I love this game, not the same old boring match three game. You have to catch these little guys and sometimes they drift off and you have to catch them on the rebound, sometimes lots come at you at the same time! Sooooo much fun! Thanks guys for making match three fun again!"
~Siouxg

Labor of Love
I designed this game with meditation in mind. Playing this game is an act similar to juggling. You have many objects up in the air, and you need to focus so as not to slip and drop anything. The Blackhole uses a physics engine that has gravity in the middle of the screen, instead of straight down, so it's not what you're used to. Difficulty is adjustable; you can challenge yourself if you like, or go slow and steady. Either way, it'll both relax and excite you at the same time.

~Christopher Jude Sanchez

Features:
* Beautiful HD graphics
* Retina Display
* Soothing zen-like sound effects
* Leaderboards for both high score & highest level reached
* Achievements
* Bonuses for skilled matches
* Adjustable speed settings
* Game saves upon exiting
* Option for touch or tilt controls
* Universal App, designed for iPhone & iPad
* Supports all orientations
* Easy to navigate interface
* Physics-based gameplay around a central gravity field
* Low price

comboapp's comments:
Please check this game out, and let us know what you think. All comments, suggestions, wishes are welcome. It is available in Free and Paid versions, both for iPhone and iPad.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-blackhole/id363397203?mt=8

Thank you.
06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
The Blackhole got cloned

Someone just released a new game called "Cell Bound," which is clone of "The Blackhole," with some minor differences. It's a match-5 instead of a match-3, and the orbs are less sticky when they land (they slide across each other towards the middle). The game also seems to lack the particle-collision physics that "The Blackhole" has, which means there's no loose, orbiting, colliding, or dynamic orbs; they all just go straight into the middle. It has more game modes than "The Blackhole," but the basic gameplay is almost an exact clone. I'm not sure if I should be flattered, or outraged

06-16-2011, 08:21 PM

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
06-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJude View Post
Someone just released a new game called "Cell Bound," which is clone of "The Blackhole," with some minor differences. It's a match-5 instead of a match-3, and the orbs are less sticky when they land (they slide across each other towards the middle). The game also seems to lack the particle-collision physics that "The Blackhole" has, which means there's no loose, orbiting, colliding, or dynamic orbs; they all just go straight into the middle. It has more game modes than "The Blackhole," but the basic gameplay is almost an exact clone. I'm not sure if I should be flattered, or outraged
Hmm that's a toughie. I don't know how I would feel if I were you; especially if they end up getting a feature or something, and yours doesn't. We all know that people routinely rip one another off relentlessly on the App Store (on a larger scale, how many copies of Bejeweled are there?) In some cases (most famously Stoneloops of Jurassica) it was enough grounds for the "clone," successful as it was, to be forcibly removed much to many people's chagrin. That game was more "inspired by" than a rip-off of other games, the irony being that the company who "called it out" was actually ripping their game off from another, even older one (and if you can actually understand any of what I just typed in that sentence, then you deserve some kind of medal!)

So, it is is up to you how to go about it. As you mentioned, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - is their game reviewing better than yours? Do you feel you have a "complete package" superior product? Do you even notice if your sales data is at all affected by it's existence?
06-16-2011, 09:14 PM
I guess I'll post it here too. Cell Bound is by no means a clone of The Blackhole. I've played a bunch of minigames in the past that have the exact same or very similar gameplay. This gameplay mechanic isn't even close to original so it can't be a clone of this game, they both are clones of previous games made by bigger companies. I'm not the developer, I just don't like these kind of accusations going around needlessly. Both games can co-exist on the appstore, but I have a feeling which one will succeed. If you think you have a good enough case to sue, by all means, be another Tim Langdell, otherwise, shut up and stop whining. I know I'm being harsh but seriously, you're acting childish to be complaining about another game with similar gameplay to your own. Look at Angry Birds and Trucks and Skulls. Gameplay is almost the same, but neither developer has a problem with the other's game because they are unique enough on their own and they respect each other. You should do the same.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
06-16-2011, 09:33 PM
So the background keeps the same all the way? Hum...
06-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
So, it is is up to you how to go about it. As you mentioned, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - is their game reviewing better than yours? Do you feel you have a "complete package" superior product? Do you even notice if your sales data is at all affected by it's existence?
No, ultimately I really don't think it matters at all. The Appstore is big enough, and the games are different enough, there's no reason to make an issue of it. Calling Cell Bound a clone was more of an observation than any kind of complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
Cell Bound is by no means a clone of The Blackhole. I've played a bunch of minigames in the past that have the exact same or very similar gameplay. This gameplay mechanic isn't even close to original so it can't be a clone of this game, they both are clones of previous games made by bigger companies.
Indeed Legowiz, there are many matching games out there that play in a radial fashion, and there's only so many possible ways that one can design a matching game. It's totally possible that the developers never saw or played my game, and came up with the game mechanic on their own.

However, the similarity between our two games is uncanny. Even if it's not a clone, the controls and gameplay are almost exactly the same. The Blackhole and Cell Bound both have orbs that gravitate towards the middle, accumulate around a circle, which the player can rotate, and then end game happens when they reach the outer limit. I haven't found any other matching games that play in exactly that same way.

I'm not saying that Cell Bound is bad game. I gave it four stars. It's actually pretty fun. The different game modes and power-ups are cool. Even if they did copy my game, I don't really care that much. It's totally fine.

The Blackhole has been on the market for over a year, and yesterday I discovered Cell Bound (just recently released), downloaded it, played it, and observed that it's similar enough to my game to be a clone. I think that's a safe thing to say. It doesn't mean I'm gonna make a big issue, or try to sue or anything. In some ways it's actually flattering. It means my game is good enough to copy.
06-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJude View Post
In some ways it's actually flattering. It means my game is good enough to copy.
It might mean that... or it could mean the idea was good but the execution left something to be desired...

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ