★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Daniel Petroff
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 13.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "...like an evil child of a maths teacher and a Tower Defence game..."

"...great new flavour of Tower Defence..."

Mathematics as we know it is in grave danger! Once a millenia, thousands of spiteful rectangular expressions migrate toward the origin of the cartesian plane, intent on ending their tortured existance. And that time is.... now.

Luckily, each one has a weakness.. a result which will unravel them from within. You must stop them before they make their way through to the Origin, for if they do, the basis of mathematical reality will shatter, and all will be lost!

Cartesian Chaos is an action packed monster electrocution game which teaches players the fundamentals of graph mathematics. The game features three game modes:

Quick Quadrants: Above each monster is a quadrant. Clicking the corresponding quadrant on the grid will electrocute the monster.

What's The Point: Each monster has a coordinate above it. You must find and click that point on the grid to take it out.

Define The Line: Monsters have line formulas above them. Draw a line between two points which lie in the line to send that monster back where it came from.
The game features a full set of tutorials for each game mode.

Cartesian Chaos makes learning about the cartesian plane enjoyable, so it's great for teaching students, but is also a good mental workout for anyone wanting to keep their mind sharp.

danonne's comments:
Hi

My Name is Daniel. I am the developer of Cartesian Chaos!

I would like to announce that the game has gone live on the AppStore on the 12th of May and I would like to invite you to check it out!

Cartesian Chaos is an action packed monster electrocution puzzle game which is based around the fundamentals of graph mathematics. Check it out!
  • Electrocute Monsters!
  • 3 different Game Types!
  • 48 Challenges across 4 difficulty levels!
  • Exercise your brain!

PS: I have some promo codes left over and I am thinking of giving away 3 on this forum!
(The forum rules say "no begging for promo codes", but that doesn't mean you cannot ask )

Cheers!

Dan
05-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danonne View Post
Hi

PS: I have some promo codes left over and I am thinking of giving away 3 on this forum!
(The forum rules say "no begging for promo codes", but that doesn't mean you cannot ask )

Cheers!

Dan
Well Dan I'm asking. Descartes be damned.

Mac user since 1988

05-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Looks fun! I'd like a code! TIA

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
05-13-2011, 07:22 PM
I love to try. May I have a code please? Thanks
05-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to danonne
one more promo code left for now :)

3 codes sent - one more left
05-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Sure. Thanks!
My name is Dan.

Last edited by Slaysme; 05-13-2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: I am Dan
05-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Promo Code?

I'd love a promo code--that is if you have any left, of course.
05-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Sorry, Bowgart - all gone for now. Maybe in a little while.

I would love to see what people think about it though so please post your thoughts!
05-15-2011, 06:10 PM
It's pretty neat, like an evil child of a math teacher and a td game. I tried to leave a review but it was denied. I'll play a bit more and leave a through review on here. I'll say this, I nearly bought the game just to leave a review. If I wouldn't have to make a new account to do so......not a fan of those new terms on promo codes.
4 stars.
05-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks Slaysme!
Yeah apparently its not possible to leave a review and rating if you didn't buy the game...
oh well, at least the good folks on touchArcade will see it