★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Brick Breaker Escape! >> NOW AVAILABLE

05-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Brick Breaker Escape! >> NOW AVAILABLE

The full version of Brick Breaker Escape! is now available on the appstore for both iPhone and iPad as a universal app.

Celebrating its launch, we have it on sale for $1 this weekend only (regular $2.99).
You can download it here:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brick-breaker-escape-lite/id431514165?mt=8

Brick Breaker Escape! is a brand new twist on the classic game of Brick Breaker (aka Breakout). Includes over 80 levels of action packed arcade fun with unique level designs never seen before. Challenging game play and gorgeous high-def graphics combine to make a game that is sure to satisfy any app gaming addict. Discover lots of new mechanisms including portal pods, laser wires, turntables, treasure chests, flame throwers and many more surprises. Its a ball-busting - gem grabbing - coin catching extravaganza!!!

Visit our website at http://www.furiousApps.com or track this thread to get news and updates on this app and more.

Here is a You-Tube trailer of the LITE version for you to check out!

Youtube link | Pop Up
05-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Brick breaker escape is new and noteworthy

Brick Breaker Escape! has been chosen by Apple as a new and noteworthy app in both Arcade and Strategy games. Get Brick Breaker Escape! today while it is still on sale and thanks for giving us a look!

05-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Tried the lite and played through 11 levels and one of the bonus levels.

Nice graphics, reasonable physics. I'm not really a fan of IAP like buying coins, but I understand the reasons why.

The only issue that I have is that the sticky block always puts the ball in the middle of the paddle. I think that you should be able catch the ball on the sides and have it launch from where you catch it. Otherwise the aiming possibilities are really reduced. However, I enjoyed it enough to purchase it, and hope you will do well, and make improvements.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi Pluto...

Thanks for checking us out and picking up the full version. You probably won't need to purchase coins if you are a decent player. But they are there if you aren't and want to short cut through.

If you only made it to level 11...then I think you will have LOTS to look forward to in the full version. The full version is chocked full of cool stuff that is unprecedented for the Brick Breaker genre.

We have many updates planned. Our current plans are to expand it to around 160 levels (including bonus levels). Right now its about 90 levels deep.
05-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. Lots of levels are good. I think that 11 levels gave me a a reasonable feel for the game.

Please consider having the sticky paddle háček the ball stick, and launch from where you actually catch it. To me this adds an important element of strategy.

Thanks for the information about the coins. I don't think I'll need them. I did notice on the bonus level you're presented with the option of playing it again, if I collected everything, is there a reason to play it again? Are the rewards the same, or different each play through?

05-15-2011, 10:31 PM
RE: ball catching...
We originally had it as you describe...but in testing...the consensus was to have it shoot straight up on a launch.

RE: Bonus levels...
To get a bonus level...you must get the key. You then purchase a single play. When you either die or get all of the bonus stuff...you then have a chance to replay at a higher price of coins. The most you can play it is twice. After 2 times...or if you decline...you must go get the key again to unlock the level.

Hope you like the full version levels!
05-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Brick Breaker fans - this ones a keeper !!!

Have now played 23 levels and come across a number of the power ups ( not sure if I should say, as part of the fun was the surprise of what they were. Suffice it to say, there are the usual types (bigger, smaller paddles, sticky) but then some very unexpected fun power ups. Level designs are very good, but this one does require some aiming ability, and there can be some frustration ending some levels just due to precision required.

Graphics are great, as are sound effects.

WRT to the sticky paddle - your testers are weak ( just kidding)

Because some levels took several minutes just to get to the exit after clearing everything, you might consider costing a life to get an exit if everything else is cleared. But, I got through them, just a couple were a bit of an exercise in patience.

But, one of the better brick breakers in my experience, and I think I have most of them in the app store. I'll keep plowing through and look forward to hopefully more surprises.

Oh, nice mix with extra lives, and you got the difficulty balance really well, at least for me. So at level 24 I have 25 lives (started with 12) - lost a few to greed ( trying too hard to collect stuff) , but for folks with good breaker skills you can collect, and not worry about the occasional lost life, as there are enough scattered through regular and bonus levels. For folks without skills, there are enough lives that as long as you are careful, you should be fine getting through the levels.

Nice job! I'm going to have to check out your other app - this one is that good.

05-16-2011, 11:27 AM
The trailer makes this game look tedious. A lot of the time the ball doesn't seem to be achieving anything, just bouncing around. Or maybe I'm missing something. I'll try the lite if there is one - the web site doesn't mention it.
05-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
The trailer makes this game look tedious. A lot of the time the ball doesn't seem to be achieving anything, just bouncing around. Or maybe I'm missing something. I'll try the lite if there is one - the web site doesn't mention it.
OK -

So, I am one of those brick breaker people who does not mind having to hit blocks several times to destroy them. If you want to hit the block and have it go - this will be a tedious game for you. Each level takes several minutes to complete, and there is certainly sometimes an element of luck / waiting for the ball to get to the exit. But, I spent several hours playing it last night, and had a lot of fun. It is perhaps a "slow paced" brick breaker - for me I enjoy it. For people looking for frenetic action with zillions of things all going on at once, and wondering what happened - look elsewhere. This one takes planning, and patience - but as I said I am enjoying it more than most of the other brick breakers out there.

12-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Brick Breaker Escape has just been updated with lots of new levels...over 100 in all with more to come.

Make sure you update if you haven't recently.
If you don't have a copy yet...get yours today. Its hours upon hours of brick breaking action that changes with every level.

Check out other Furious Apps at:
http://www.furiousApps.com