Support our Sponsors:

Old 05-14-2011, 02:14 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default Games for elderly folks

Hi,

I need to download some iPAD games for my parents. They are not at all computer savvy and would play only very simple games. For e.g. they love playing tetris on the 8 bit controller. I am guessing something like labyrinth they would like. And perhaps I can get my dad interested in a pool game if he is willing to go through menus. Any recommendations?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:20 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Axe In Face, Angry Birds etc, All easy to play but are fun
Old 05-14-2011, 03:50 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

How old is elderly?

I think various match-3 games (Bejeweled being fairly accessible) might work, and the non-fancy majongg solitaire titles (Majongg Elements is a decent choice). Card games, like freecell, are also possible candidates. For something that really shows off the coolness of an iPad, the already mentioned Labyrinth is definitely a good pick.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:17 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
How old is elderly?

I think various match-3 games (Bejeweled being fairly accessible) might work, and the non-fancy majongg solitaire titles (Majongg Elements is a decent choice). Card games, like freecell, are also possible candidates. For something that really shows off the coolness of an iPad, the already mentioned Labyrinth is definitely a good pick.
Elderly is 65+... It's not so much about age, as it is about non-familiarity with electronics. Which is why Labyrinth is easy and fun. Angry Birds should be a nice game too. Match 3 games arent really something they would enjoy.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Match-3 is something I could see my mother playing (also in that 65 category), but then again, she's at least a little familiar with electronics and curious enough to try out new things. My ex's mother, around 60, was totally into Peggles and mahjongg, and she was a computer illiterate. But yes, depends on the specific people -- and you know your folks better than anyone.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:41 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Check into Bubble Shooter games like Bubble Bust! or something similar.
http://appshopper.com/games/bubble-bust
Old 05-14-2011, 07:10 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

They might enjoy word games like Wurd, Hangman RSS, Guess the News, Bookworm, or Abca.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:34 AM

We got my folks an iPad and loaded it up as well. They even got wifi on their own after they got it! My mom enjoys Shanghai Mahjong a lot. We play Abble Dabble across the net (really quite a good scrabble game), and she also likes Card Shark as she can play many different card games. Also Crosswords (or Crux) for crosswords fans.

Other games I loaded, but not sure how much she's played (she really likes Shanghai Mahjong and Abble Dabble) are: Art Puzzles (join it is also great, but requires a little more dexterity for the puzzle pieces), Boggle, Sudoku2 Pro, Touch Rummy, Angry Birds and Cut the Rope. You could always put the lite version on and if they like them, walk them through downloading the full. I've done that a few times to get them to d/l something I thought they'd like.

Others could be Big Fish games, Zarik HD, Gears, Woozzle HD, match-3 games (something like Fishdom HD, Brickshooter Egypt HD)

Just some ideas...
Old 05-14-2011, 09:08 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Scrabble, Phase 10, Uno, Monopoly, The Game of Life and PAC-Man/Mrs PAC-Man for starters. Perhaps Q*Bert.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Do get Axe in face. Really easy to play. My mum about 60ish loves the game and she don't use her device much and is not really good at game.