★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Polarbit's New Mario kart like Racing Game: Cracking Sands

05-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Polarbit's New Mario kart like Racing Game: Cracking Sands

Quote:
There has been a rumor going around lately that Polarbit has been working on a kart racing game, similar to Mario Kart, but with more of a focus on the actual combat and defense areas. We have teamed up with our friends over at Pockett Videogames to bring forth exclusive screenshots and video of this upcoming game, Cracking Sands.

As you will see in the screenshots and video below, the game is completely wrapped in 3D graphics that are similar to their other racing game called Reckless Racing with the top-down view. However, the point of view is also dynamic as shown in the video which will make for some cool replay footage. All the controls are touchscreen for your weapons and we are guessing the steering will be done by using the accelerometer and tilting your device.

Combat is more realistic than what you would find in other kart racing games such as Mario Kart. Things like mounted machine guns, rockets and mines kind of make sure you don't get it confused with turtle shells. There will also be other customizing options outside of the weapons available including picking a driver, customizing your vehicle and things of that nature. So far there is no word on exactly when this will land on the Android Market or for what price. It could be a little while though before we see this available as it is still in development though. It will be Xperia Play compatible as well for all you Xperia Play owners out there.
The devs of Reckless Racing are making a new upcoming top down racing games, Cracking Sands. This game looks like Mario Kart with a war-like racer feel to it. It looks like it also concentrates on the actual combat and defense areas. In the video, it shows there are boosts (like in Mario Kart) on the ground and the special item boxes in the air. But, I have one more thing to say: THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZINGLY EPIC!!!

Youtube link | Pop Up

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19

Last edited by Jdragoon19; 05-14-2011 at 02:30 PM.
05-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
i think polarbit is not the developer of reckless racing, pixelbite does.
anyway, always looking forward for a great top down racer.
haha ya i noticed after i posted the thread but strange thing is, is that when i search up "polarbit reckless racing" theres a video that has polarbits youtube channel posting a reckless racing video and on the polarbits website it says reckless racing... strange... heres the link btw: http://www.polarbit.com/our-games/reckless-racing/

05-14-2011, 02:42 PM
The didn't publish reckless racing, pixelbite did. However, they published Pixelbire other game, thunder racing 2 or something
Like that.

Btw, this game looks descent
05-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by $en$or View Post
The didn't publish reckless racing, pixelbite did. However, they published Pixelbire other game, thunder racing 2 or something
Like that.

but on their website, in the our games section it says reckless racing

05-14-2011, 03:57 PM
This looks really nice, though if it's the developers of Reckless Racing, maybe we should close the thread down for a whole 'nother year and open it up when the game is supposed to be released 5 months after the initial release date?

Anyhow, liking the look.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
05-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsterboi View Post
This looks really nice, though if it's the developers of Reckless Racing, maybe we should close the thread down for a whole 'nother year and open it up when the game is supposed to be released 5 months after the initial release date?

Anyhow, liking the look.
haha ya possibly but idk this thread could be wat ppl wanna see in the game or discuss ur thoughts of cracked sands... and this game looks so war/mario kart like :P

05-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by $en$or View Post
Really? I think it looks ascent

Nah, the game looks good. Polarbit also made Raging Thunder 2 which I thought was pretty good.

Hakuna Matata
05-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
but on their website, in the our games section it says reckless racing
Pixelbite made the game, EA published it for iOS, Polarbit published it for some console called the "zeebo".

Hakuna Matata
05-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Pixelbite made the game, EA published it for iOS, Polarbit published it for some console called the "zeebo".
ok haha w/e :P

05-14-2011, 06:09 PM
I like the looks of this. I can say that it has perked my interest!