★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Buckingham Palace: Hidden Mysteries + Lite $0.99

04-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Buckingham Palace: Hidden Mysteries + Lite $0.99

Big Fish Games has done it again with Buckingham Palace: Hidden Mysteries. The game is gorgeous and the graphics look sharp and crisp even when you are zoomed in. I've played it for a while and I really, really like it. Check it out if you're a hidden object fan.
04-13-2009, 12:07 PM
I agree looks like a good game. They also did Hidden Expedition: Everest.

You can play it online here:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download...ace/index.html

"1st Runner-Up Best Travel Adventure Game of 2008!
In Hidden Mysteries ™: Buckingham Palace you must peel back the curtains on one of the grandest buildings in the western world to look for treasure and uncover its deepest secrets. Learn fun facts about several royal locations while you search for hidden objects and play ingenious mini-games. Follow romantic notes strewn across beautifully rendered scenes in this exciting sequel to Hidden Mysteries: Civil War. "

04-13-2009, 12:11 PM
I played an hour long sample on the Big Fish game site and intend to download the Itouch version later tonight. It's from the same publisher as Everest Hidden Expedition, and it delivers as a polished and enjoyable hidden object game. I also noticed in the game's description they've included all the mini games and puzzles from the original version. I highly recommend this for any fan of HO games or British history
04-13-2009, 12:13 PM
iTunes Link ($4.99)

Looks pretty good but it's over double the price of Everest: Hidden Expedition so does it have double the content?

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
04-13-2009, 12:52 PM
This game actually looks REALLY good.

As for myself, I haven't tried out the hidden object genre yet, and this game seems to be a bit more on the pricey side. 4.99 can get you Edge, Zen Bound, Touchgrind, or Sway.

Anyways, the pictures/artwork/graphics of this particular hidden object game seems to be way better than their Everest: Hidden Expedition one, which the dev seems to think that it justifies the 4.99 price tag.

Not really a buy for me even though it looks wonderful. Probably going to wait for some more reviews, someone to TOFTT, or some first impressions or feedback.
04-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I bought it and I love it. I'm interested in British history so that's a big plus for me, too. I think it's worth the money.
04-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Man I love hidden object games, and I really enjoyed Everest. Yard Sale is still the king for me though, and I don't see this one having that level of "charm," so I may need to wait to see if it goes on sale.

Thanks for the heads up though! Had no idea it was even out.

-3Dave
Artist/Animator/Aardvark
3Dave.com
Twitter Page
04-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
iTunes Link ($4.99)

Looks pretty good but it's over double the price of Everest: Hidden Expedition so does it have double the content?
I believe Everest started off at this price.

I was so excited when I saw this, I bought it immediately!
04-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Going to wait on this one, just got Sprill recently and still have a few other HO games to finish.

Watch list + 1

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Buckingham Palace has some really tricky puzzles to solve. Fortunately, I found a good hint site because I have little, if any, patience. I'm trying not to use the hints but.....