★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get ready to say Armageddon Outta Here! in an explosive driving experience!

REVIEWS:
"One of the best car games ever played on the iPod!"

"I've paid for apps that don't come close to this... Highly recommended!"

"Omega drive has a great concept, fun to play and the physics are spot on!"

Mysterious cosmic forces have devastated most of humanity, and now a humongous, evil asteroid threatens to destroy our planet.

Set in a rubble-filled open-world city, youll have to drive your best to activate Earth's laser defense system in time to save the world.

Youll find plenty of stunt ramps, driveable rooftops and major jumps along the way. Have fun!

PLEASE NOTE: An iPhone 4S, iPad 2 or newer device is recommended for best performance.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

05-15-2011, 10:01 PM
looks pretty good for a free game might pick it up later...

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19

05-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up but shouldn't this thread be in the Freebies section?
05-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post
Come on, just glimpse at the thread maker
05-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Nope. Thats a section for latest 'Deals' (paid apps going free). You may post about a FREE app too but only after you've tried it and found it a must have. Even in that case every game worth discussing has to have a thread in the iPhone/iPad release section.
05-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Nope. Thats a section for latest 'Deals' (paid apps going free). You may post about a FREE app too but only after you've tried it and found it a must have. Even in that case every game worth discussing has to have a thread in the iPhone/iPad release section.
Thanks for clarifying things. So I take it this app is being released as free to generate interest before it's tagged with a price?
05-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying things. So I take it this app is being released as free to generate interest before it's tagged with a price?
It shows ads sporadically -- nothing too obtrusive.

I picked this up earlier today; it plays like an extended GTA driving mission. The physics are pretty crazy and the city is fun to navigate, with many well-placed jumps and a few destructible spaces (like a graveyard). The music is funky in seventies sort of way, and when you lose it switches to a something that sound like Bowie as a meteor slams onto Earth in slow motion -- very appropriate.

In other words, it's a fun little distraction, perfectly priced.
05-15-2011, 11:43 PM
i download it now
05-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Hello everyone! Thanks for starting this thread and for the comments on the game! I wanted to chime in with some info on future plans for it.

The overall response to the game has been terrific and any and all feedback is appreciated.

The number one request has been an easier way to unlock free ride mode, and more things for the player to do after free ride in unlocked. I'm happy to report that the first update is in the works and will include both of these things, in addition to the usual tweaks and fixes that follow a 1.0 release.

Ideas for future updates include additional game modes, vehicles, car mods, Game Center integration and possibly even new environments to explore. So far the game has organically risen to reach the #11 spot on the free racing games list in the USA (without any marketing or promotion) and has even reached the TOP 10 apps list in a few countries. Yesterday was the best day yet, with nearly 17,000 downloads!!

I'm confident that with a little push and frequent updates, it can do even better. There is an endless supply of ideas for an open-world game like this, and requested features that work with the current roadmap will be added according to player response.

To answer a common question: What are the coins for?
The game is scored in coins, which accumulate every time you play. In the future, coins will be used to unlock additional game content, new modes, etc.

The image below is a work-in-progress screen shot of the upcoming rewards screen. It's missing award trophies and scores, but gives you an idea of some upcoming features. (Please note that the final awards screen may look different and that the awards themselves may or may not change before the update is submitted.)

Thanks again everyone! Any questions just ask!

Last edited by BoiledGoose; 05-22-2011 at 11:37 AM.
05-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Review without star

CHECK OUT THESE STAR free REVIEWS!!