★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 9 Colonies is a turn-based science-fiction strategy game that puts you in control of one of the 9 colonies of our solar system. Humanity has colonized the solar system in the name of scientific exploration, but old rivalries, nationalistic zeal, and the remnants of earth-based feuds have once again sprung to life. What started as a beautiful dream for a unified solar system has deteriorated into total war. Your task is to unite the colonies under one banner, so that peace and reason may be restored, now and for the rest of ages!

You tell your colonies how to focus their effort, whether by researching new and better technologies, constructing infrastructural improvements to the colony, or building war-fleets and conquering new colonies. The choice is yours, but choose wisely - the other colonies' rulers will be waiting to attack when your colony looks ripe for the taking!

CygnetSeven's comments:
[/QUOTE]
05-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Ive had a look at this a couple of times been getting good reviews on the Uk appstore just not pressed that buy button yet

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

05-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Looks interesting. What is the gameplay like? Is there a demo video?
05-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Im holding for a youtube link before I go for this one.

--------
"The Dude Abides....." -- The Big Lebowski
"Smurfberries suck." -- The_kernel
05-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Couldn't find a video. I'm assuming it's a 4x like Vincere or Ascendancy.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
05-16-2011, 12:46 PM
They have a lot more images and tutorials on the 9 Colonies Facebook page. No video that I've seen though.

From the screenshots, the complexity looks more like a full-fledged 4X like Ascendancy, except it seems restricted to within the solar system.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Wow, four 4X to choose from. Hmm...

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
05-17-2011, 12:41 AM
4X!!! This game's concept and scale seems EPIC! Actually, 4x games in general are all epic in scale
How's the combat mechanics like? The blueprint art of the ships look awesome, but graphics of the last image say otherwise...
Would love to try this game out before buying. Is a lite version coming?
05-17-2011, 01:46 AM
I bought this yesterday. I also looked for a video, but after playing it, you don't really need one. Look at all the pictures on their Facebook page - it should give a good impression. Everything is menubased with a few graphic pictures, but there is hardly any animation. That might put some people off, but I think it works really well.

I would compare it a bit to Ascendancy. Sort of same concepts and stuff you have to do. You do research, construct buildings and fleets which gets upgrades on weapons and so forth. But you don't micromanage everything. Ships are build automatically all the time, constructions as well as soon as you have researched the blueprints for them. Fairly simple, but works well. Lets you focus on overall strategy and whether you want to research fast or build ships fast. But the real strategy lies in sending your ships to other planets at the right moment while still keeping your own planets under defense.

There is not that much depth to the game, compared to again Ascendancy. I completed a game on beginner mode pretty fast. I expect the harder difficulty will take a bit longer, but still, there are only 9 planets. Still, I recommend this to everyone wanting a simple but fun 4X science fiction turnbased strategy on the iPhone.
05-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks yasw and welcome to TA!

DEVELOPERS I ADORE