★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Can We PLEASE Have an MMO/Code/Spam Section of the Forums?

04-13-2009, 03:03 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,467
Can We PLEASE Have an MMO/Code/Spam Section of the Forums?

As others have pointed out, the number of people posting codes for all the MMOs that seem to be cluttering the app store is overwhelming. It makes it tedious and time-consuming for people who just want to read about regular games; I doubt that most Touch Arcade members want to wade through all the spam in order to get to the legitimate posts.

I believe that people who are desperate enough to post codes looking for friends--and dumb enough to spend money on "respect points"--should be given their own little corner of this forum. Kind of like a "special ed" classroom for gamers.

If you agree with me, please contribute to this thread. Maybe the mods will finally listen...
04-13-2009, 03:05 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
I agree, but a thread was just made like this in the site feedback section (where it belongs) so you might get yelled at soon

Twitter: @Zincous

04-13-2009, 03:05 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,817
I agree, but next time post this in the Site Feedback and News section of the forums...

Edit: Zincous beat me to it...

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
I agree, but a thread was just made like this in the site feedback section (where it belongs) so you might get yelled at soon
Oh, the irony...
04-13-2009, 03:07 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
As others have pointed out, the number of people posting codes for all the MMOs that seem to be cluttering the app store is overwhelming. It makes it tedious and time-consuming for people who just want to read about regular games; I doubt that most Touch Arcade members want to wade through all the spam in order to get to the legitimate posts.

I believe that people who are desperate enough to post codes looking for friends--and dumb enough to spend money on "respect points"--should be given their own little corner of this forum. Kind of like a "special ed" classroom for gamers.

If you agree with me, please contribute to this thread. Maybe the mods will finally listen...
Can we also please have a place where people post feedback about the site. I don't know maybe name it site feedback :P
But really if you are going to post this sort if thread you should at least post it in the right area.
All sarcasm aside I agree with you that they should have their own area or be blended with services for trade.
LOL in the couple minutes it took to post this I was beaten to it multiple times XD

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
04-13-2009, 03:12 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Central Coast of California
Posts: 793
for what it's worth. I totally agree that it's annoying to wade past the MMO threads and I never go to the site feedback section.

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.
04-13-2009, 03:21 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,513
and lots of people have said it should happen in the other thread in site feedback !

maybe with this thread and the other it will actually happen

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
04-13-2009, 03:27 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: You need to stalk me?
Posts: 2,117
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbake View Post
for what it's worth. I totally agree that it's annoying to wade past the MMO threads and I never go to the site feedback section.
+1. The store is cluttered with MMO's and so are the forums

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
04-13-2009, 04:20 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
I agree, but a thread was just made like this in the site feedback section (where it belongs) so you might get yelled at soon
Site Feedback section? Didn't know there was one, but I certainly agree that my post belongs in the feedback section instead...
On the other hand, I'm sure I am not the only one who has never read the site feedback section--and my post probably would have gotten more responses (and probably more attention from the mods) had it remained where it was originally posted...
Anyway, I really hope the issue is addressed soon. (The issue of too many spam postings, not the issue of me posting in the wrong section! )
04-13-2009, 04:48 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Posts: 4,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
Site Feedback section? Didn't know there was one,
Anyway, I really hope the issue is addressed soon. (The issue of too many spam postings, not the issue of me posting in the wrong section! )
Your number is 149.. not sure anyone else is still active here other than Arn and Blake and you didn't know. Most of the code threads are from new members.. do you really expect them to know more than you do and post in the right section? I am guessing that is the reason.. too much work for the mods.