★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: iQuarterback 2 coming May 19th!

05-16-2011, 01:52 PM
iQuarterback 2 coming May 19th!

iQuarterback 2 is finally being released in the Appstore on Thursday, May 19th.

iQuarterback 2 lets you take your football career to a whole new level. Whether you’re throwing footballs in the snow at moving targets or trying to power-up to achieve the highest score. With the all new Fame, you will have more control over the outcome and look of the game than ever before. Unlock interesting items like mascot heads, snow balls and different environments, such as an air hockey table. Level up your quarterback in two different game play modes, Shoot Out or Accuracy, and see how you stack up against the best of the best. Battle between your friends through the Game Center achievements and high scores.

Day 1 this is iPad only but will become Universal in a future update.

Thanks for reading this far, here is a promo code:

MNAXRLPJN9TA
05-16-2011, 01:59 PM
This looks amazing! Like the idea of leveling up the character.

05-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Looks awesome. I love the snow covered field. That triple-throw powerup should help my bad aim. Can't wait!
05-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Code has been used.

Looks fantastic, what is the throwing mechanic? flick?
05-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

The throwing mechanic is direct touch. Lots of iterations of flick, swipe, and slingshot were tried with direct touch being the simplest and most fun way to play. That being said, we might have to change that control for the iPhone version. Direct touch might cover too much of the screen.
05-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Yep, I got the code, been trying it out, lots of fun so far, I'm level 18 already

Twitter: @Zincous
05-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Woah, slow down there Mister. Max Level is 85 and your score scales with your level. The one achievement, Mayor of Kaboom Town, probably requires 30+ in level.

Mayor of Kaboom Town: Score 1million points with one throw.
05-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Received a code...thank you.

Played a few games and it is absolutely fantastic. The touch controls are perfect and it is really different from all of my other sports games.

Graphics are nice and crisp and I love being able to level up. I think you have a hit here.
05-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Hi,

Very nice looking game there, like the idea of the hats and different balls you can throw.

The screenshot of the player with the bear hat posing to throw the soccer ball is great and the differing weather conditions look to put a nice spin on things.

Looks very polished and nice to see you have plans to make it universal.

Good luck with the game as it looks, by the posts above, like you may have a very successful game here.

David
05-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks, in the first version you can throw footballs, soccer balls (the other football), basketballs, and snowballs.

The head gear ranges from helmet, Bear mascot head, Roman helmet, BigBoy type blowup head, and Cowboy hat.

The stadiums are Summertime, Nighttime, Wintertime, and.... Air Hockey Table.

Each item will buff your ability to score higher. Which combo you find to be the best is up to you and your play style.