★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Street fighter iv combos forum

05-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Street fighter iv combos forum

Combos and discussion; I will be posting some juggle starters.
05-16-2011, 09:52 PM
New combos for dhalsim

Near ground spinning kick then low jab kick to a flame.
+K, +K, +P (+SP)

Fireball, teleport near opponent catastrophe move, flame then super.
+P (SP), (+SP), +SP (ultra), +P (+SP), +P (super)

Tip: for a quick spinning dive kick, diagonal jump up then slide finger downwards in a swift motion to the down direction and press kick

Last edited by Jailjal; 05-21-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Inputs

05-17-2011, 04:11 AM
Welcome to TA, Jailjal; in fact, ages ago, it got suggested to do a tier list, which was quickly shot down as being pointless, given the lack of SFIV iphone tournaments, but instead a combo thread was suggested, but sadly nobody actually did it, so i hope that people WILL come here to post a few combos.

For juggling, i quite like using Ryu, focus-cancelling a dragon punch, into super.

Generally, i main C.Viper, so will try to get back later with one or two combos.
05-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks for contributing. a good combo for Sagat would be a uppercut fadc into a high step kick. It does a LOT of damage for a small combo. It should be around ~230 damage.

If you like C. Viper then you should know that she can do a boost jump by crouching before jumping but it's hard to do. i don't use C. viper, i don't know why.

Last edited by Jailjal; 05-19-2011 at 11:54 PM.
05-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Sagat FADCs

Sagat can FADC from a ridiculously large amount of moves. He also has a fair amount of good combos too which makes him a good fighter but his ultra is pitifully hard to land.
Low Medium Kick; a useful move that can be a great starter for combos and transitions into special moves. Can transition into all of his special moves.
Tiger Uppercut (FADC): This can be used as a juggler and can be ended with a simple high step kick or tiger knee; high step kick does more damage.
05-20-2011, 12:06 AM
some Crimson Viper quick combos

Thunder Knuckle FADC Forward Ultra. A good way to use your ultra at the right time

Jump punch - Burning kick
Jump punch - standing jab - thunder knuckle

P.S. Her attacks are better off single. Her damage drop off is extremely quick.
05-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Ryu alternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusT_HounD View Post
Welcome to TA, Jailjal; in fact, ages ago, it got suggested to do a tier list, which was quickly shot down as being pointless, given the lack of SFIV iphone tournaments, but instead a combo thread was suggested, but sadly nobody actually did it, so i hope that people WILL come here to post a few combos.

For juggling, i quite like using Ryu, focus-cancelling a dragon punch, into super.

Generally, i main C.Viper, so will try to get back later with one or two combos.
You can combo his super into an ultra; press the ultra quickly.
05-20-2011, 03:49 AM
I like the super-> ultra for Ryu, but i'm a purist, so always try to do the actual pad and button movements, and haven't quite mastered it just yet!

One combo that i like for C.Viper is:
Jump punch->crouching heavy punch->EX burning kick.
6 hits, and a knockdown. The regular burning kick is only a single hit, and doesn't do anything close up, whilst the EX version hits 4 times, including through the initial roll, so it's pretty handy!

i usually don't use her high jump much, since i don't really know the best tactics, but i DO like using the burning kick to extend her jump times- sometimes helps if you're about to get dragon punched or something. If you time it right, and their DP whiffs, you're already on the ground and can punish them.

Last edited by DusT_HounD; 05-20-2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: incorrect info
05-20-2011, 07:39 PM
I think a good distance to use her is her burning kick range to seismic hammer range so generally in the middle. I notice she is good at breaking the person's defense due to her short jump. The short jump is achieved with a quick burning kick; not too hard to do. If you want to cross the screen, you can boost jump then do the burning kick and I'm not sure if you can shorten it with a quick burning kick. Her close range attacks aren't all too good, they're weak and short but her special moves/ tricks balance it out
Good luck mastering the super to ultra.

Last edited by Jailjal; 05-20-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Missed something
05-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Glad that this thread was made, however maybe to differentiate this thread from other, bigger street fighter 4 threads (for other consoles), we should give the iphone/ipod specific control input needed to execute the combo.

Ill try to be back with some combos shortly