★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Capitalism style game?

04-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Capitalism style game?

Hi all,

I'm really looking for one particular kind of game that I've not seen anywhere yet. I used to play a game called Capitalism way back on the Mac Classic, where you bought stocks and shares in companies, read newspapers for tips, did deals with other computer players, and generally tried to make a profit playing the market.

I suppose the nearest thing these days is the Dope Wars variants, but I'm after something deeper than that - I don't like the time limit for one thing, and it's a bit simplistic just buying and selling a commodity. It would be nice for a game modelled on the stock market to use realtime stock prices, and for there to be some form of empire-building element to add a different layer. I'm not a massive fan of MMO style gameplay on the iPhone but there could be AI players offering deals or mergers. I like the idea of a persistent game, too, which again would come in part from being tied to the live market prices.

Is there anything really like this at the moment?
04-13-2009, 05:09 PM
check out this thread

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"