★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family.

Swipe-based touch controls will let you solve puzzles, find secrets, and do battle with a host of disturbing monsters. As the journey goes on, youll unlock new abilities, ascend an RPG-style upgrade tree, and tease apart the mysteries of the dark fantasy universe Sasha finds herself in.

"Severed is a super compelling game that looks great. Its mechanics go to surprising depths and the sword-swiping combat feels fantastic on iOS."
148Apps - 5/5

"With great game mechanics, unique artwork and tough to master gameplay, Severed is well worthy of your time."
Post Arcade - 8/10

"Severed is just a game that's all-around cool. Its aesthetic is top-notch, its combat is deep and engaging."
TouchArcade - 5/5

"It's a game that should not be missed."
AppAdvice - 5/5

Dungeon Combat: Master offensive and defensive touch combat techniques to survive intense battles against a menagerie of enemies.

Severing: Best enemies in combat for a chance at severing their body parts -- then wear them to gain new powers or consume them to upgrade your equipment and abilities.

Exploration: Follow branching routes through the unknown, using your wits to avoid hazards and solve puzzles.

Music: Original soundtrack from Juno- and Polaris-nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN featuring Pantayo.

Also includes:

Graphical Optimizations for Metal-enabled devices

Gameplay video recording with ReplayKit *

Multiple difficulty modes

Game Center Achievements

Cloud Save

* Requires a Metal-enabled device running iOS 9 or later
07-28-2016, 08:27 AM
An amazing game that needs to be bought guys, go wild.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.

07-28-2016, 08:36 AM
If you guys aren't aware of the pedigree behind this game, do pick this up first and then check out the incredible Guacamelee on PC or Vita. Some of the best stuff on any platform.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Severed and Guacamelee are two of the best games I have played on the vita and cannot recommend it enough. If I hadn't platinum trophies this game on vita it would be a instabuy.
07-28-2016, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
If you guys aren't aware of the pedigree behind this game, do pick this up first and then check out the incredible Guacamelee on PC or Vita. Some of the best stuff on any platform.
Guacamelee now has a super turbo championship edition on ps4 with new enemies moves abilities, literally anything that was not great before they went back and improved
07-28-2016, 09:01 AM
I couldn't hit the buy button quick enough lol Can't wait to play later today!
07-28-2016, 09:08 AM
any chance this masterpiece will work on iPhone 5?
07-28-2016, 09:09 AM
Instabought! I've never hit the buy button so fast! Tales from Space is one of my favourite Vita games and Guacamelee is awesome as well. Never played this - so excited! This developer has never let me down!

Freaking awesome!
07-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Downloading now. All 230 MB over non-wifi internet. 😂 The App Store description sounds amazing.

Thanks for posting the thread MC. Also to touchy85, Eli, Jared, and anyone else I'm sure I've missed!
07-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Another great week on the AppStore, The Quest HD, Severed, and Heroes of Normandie all in the same week. I'm going to be busy trying to enjoy all these beauties.