Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-06-2013, 10:42 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default KISMAT: TAMSK Reimagined

I wanted to let you know about our first iOS board game release, a game inspired from one of the titles in the GIPF series of abstract strategy games.

Launching today Sunday October 6, 2013 KISMAT is a reimagined version of the board game TAMSK for iPad & iPhone. KISMAT is unique in using 6 running timers that get in your head causing you to constantly feel like you never have enough time. The psychological aspect of KISMAT is what makes it so much fun and stand out from all other strategic board games. A typical game lasts 1-4 minutes.

KISMAT is a free universal app with one 99 cent In App purchase to upgrade to the Standard Board. The Mini board is fully playable for free, including online play. It has full Game Center integration featuring live match play, leader boards, and achievements. It also features Pass & Play mode and a Computer AI opponent.

App Store Link

You can read some blog posts about the development here: Agility Vision
Old 10-07-2013, 12:31 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Fabulous! I was wondering when titles from the GIPF series would make an appearance on iOS. I will definitely be checking this out. Superficially, I already love the style!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:49 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Yeah I really like the GIPF series of abstract strategy board games. I own six of the seven board games except for TAMSK which has long been out of print. When I had the opportunity at work to work on an internal project, TAMSK came to mind immediately as a good idea as something I could finish in the time that I had available.

I didn't want to make a straight port of the original game. So I went through and reinterpreted every aspect of the game into what I thought would make for a fun iOS game.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:32 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I have been playing this game regularly and really enjoying it. It is an excellent example of sleek minimalist abstract strategy. I easily handed over $1 for the full board experience. My only suggestion would be to slightly decrease the precision for piece movement as pieces only move 1 space/direction at a time. Overall, I highly recommend this title. Much thanks to the developer for the constructive use of spare time.

Last edited by retr0spective; 10-11-2013 at 11:54 AM..
Old 10-10-2013, 10:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Here is a link to the GIPF project for those unfamiliar with it:

http://www.gipf.com

Tamsk Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Kismat Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Any chance you will be adapting other games in the series?

Last edited by retr0spective; 10-10-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Old 10-11-2013, 10:36 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0spective View Post
I have been playing this game intermittently and really enjoying it. It is an excellent example of sleek minimalist abstract strategy. I easily handed over $1 for the full board experience. My only suggestion would be to slightly decrease the precision for piece movement as pieces only move 1 space/direction at a time. Overall, I highly recommend this title. Much thanks to the developer for the constructive use spare time.
Thanks for the kind words. Your comment about piece movement I'm not exactly clear on what you have in mind. Unless your playing on the iPhone, there is a Settings that you can reach from the Main Menu that will turn on a Zoom that might help.

I have no plans on making any other in the GIPF series. Not because I'm not interested, but I need to first focus on making KISMAT break even.