App description: THE BEST-SELLING BOARD GAME NOW PLAYABLE ON THE IPAD

Elegantly simple 3 minutes to learn tension building at every turn definitely NOT your Father's train game!

*** Apple Game of the Week (iPad), June 9-15, 2011 #1 in Strategy Games #1 in Board Games #9 in Top Apps in the App Store*** (Source: TopAppCharts, May-June 2011)

**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with Gold Award "A fantastic adaptation of an excellent boardgame, and a must-buy for strategy fans"

**Ars Technica: "The iPad version of Ticket to Ride impresses right from the beginning."

**Wired: "the app is a beaut. If youre a fan of board games and youve got an iPad, this is definitely one youll want to get."

**148Apps: 5 Stars and Editor's Choice "the best translation of a board game to iOS yet"

**iOS Board Games (BoardGameGeek.com): 9.5/10 "A fun and engaging app that offers a sleek and speedy online multiplayer system. It ranks up there with the best offerings on iOS."

By the makers of Small World for iPad, winner of the Pocket Gamer Awards 2011 for Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year!

The best Online adaptation yet of Days of Wonders best-selling train game, Ticket to Ride features:

Includes Pass-and-Play with up to 5 live opponents on one iPad
Alan R. Moons official Ticket to Ride maps with original artwork
Game Center and Days of Wonder Online support for Online Play against other iPad, Mac and PC gamers
An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents willing and ready to play 24/7!
Solo play against up to 4 AI players
Additional maps of Europe, Switzerland and USA 1910 available as in-game purchases
Terrific iPad video tutorial with voice acting for quick and easy learning
Detailed, interactive turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial
Contextual in-game Conductors Notes (web-based rules) to help you master all the maps
Grand Central Station, a fully-animated and colorful experience to discover the world of Ticket to Ride
Online and offline Hall of Fame

ImNoSuperMan's comments:


iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)













TA Review: http://toucharcade.com/2011/05/19/ti...o-ride-review/
10-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryseraph View Post
So the answer is pretty clearly "it depends on how far away from each other you are", then, right? Same room, using Bluetooth, yes. Farther away, trying to use Internet, then no.
Thank you. I'm sorry I didn't make it clearer... I bought the Ticket to Ride (iPad) and the Ticked to Ride Pocket (iPhone) - I'm that addicted to the game that I have to have the gourgeous full graphics and the mobile version with me all the time.

I'm going to try via bluetooth then
10-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,035
I don't believe the iPhone and iPad versions can play together. But you can install the iPhone app on the iPad and then play together.

10-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
I don't believe the iPhone and iPad versions can play together. But you can install the iPhone app on the iPad and then play together.
I just tried it this afternoon and it is possible, both on Bluetooth connection, and also if both gadgets are in the same wi-fi network.

Thank you so much to everyone who helped
10-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,035
Wow! Cool. Thanks for letting us know. I didn't know that.
10-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Just downloaded the Halloween update, but no changes in skins, achievements, or anything. Uninstall, reinstall...nothing. Delete and directly re-download...nothing. I'm not usually stumped by stupid stuff like this, but it seems like I'm missing something so obvious that I'll be facepalming all over the place when I see it. Thoughts?

Need advice with language, writing, or proofreading? Toss HockeyDoc a PM for help with app descriptions, creative/technical content, editing, review analysis, and other writing- or research-related concerns.
10-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDoc View Post
Just downloaded the Halloween update, but no changes in skins, achievements, or anything. Uninstall, reinstall...nothing. Delete and directly re-download...nothing. I'm not usually stumped by stupid stuff like this, but it seems like I'm missing something so obvious that I'll be facepalming all over the place when I see it. Thoughts?
It might be an issue with the appstore sending you the old version instead of the new build. Try using iTunes and once it downloads refresh the updates to see if it still shows that an update is available. If it doesn't reappear try syncing and see if it works
10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
It might be an issue with the appstore sending you the old version instead of the new build. Try using iTunes and once it downloads refresh the updates to see if it still shows that an update is available. If it doesn't reappear try syncing and see if it works
Thanks Vegan...I tried all that already, but nothing worked. The game's message centre showed the note about the Halloween update being available, and iTunes et al shows no further updates available for the app. That's why I deleted and directly downloaded it onto the iPad the second time, just in case there had been a problem when I originally downloaded the the update on the Mac, or an issue when I did the sync that would've installed the update. Region or time-specific maybe? It did say the new stuff would be limited-time, perhaps it was also limited-release. Ah well, I'll keep checking the app between now and Halloween. Thanks!

Need advice with language, writing, or proofreading? Toss HockeyDoc a PM for help with app descriptions, creative/technical content, editing, review analysis, and other writing- or research-related concerns.
10-20-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm sorry that's happening to you. My version updated without problems, but since then I notice it lags occasionally.

Anyone has tips for the halloween achievement - the one to win while completing all the orange lines?
10-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDoc View Post
Thanks Vegan...I tried all that already, but nothing worked. The game's message centre showed the note about the Halloween update being available, and iTunes et al shows no further updates available for the app. That's why I deleted and directly downloaded it onto the iPad the second time, just in case there had been a problem when I originally downloaded the the update on the Mac, or an issue when I did the sync that would've installed the update. Region or time-specific maybe? It did say the new stuff would be limited-time, perhaps it was also limited-release. Ah well, I'll keep checking the app between now and Halloween. Thanks!
Same thing for me. There is a note for the Halloween update, but nothing happens except there are 2 achievements added.
I have finished the Pumpkin Master achievement, but I cannot catch any ghost for the other achievement because there are no ghost, no witch, and no Halloween wallpaper.
What should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enelya
Anyone has tips for the halloween achievement - the one to win while completing all the orange lines?
I've done it against Huntingbot on a 2 players game. Try to block his route while completing the orange lines. He'll add some tickets and will fail on completing some of them. Still it's a difficult task and it takes me probably an hour of playing before I become the Pumpkin Master.

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
10-22-2012, 12:04 PM
I thought the problem was with ios 4 specifically for which they have released an update but seeing that you have an ipad 3 there may be some other problem as well

Board and Card Game Addict
Twitter:@Rokrdude2 Gamecenter: Rokrdude2
All Time Favorites:PvZ|TWETY|Chaos Rings|CGS|T&E|Ascension|Puerto Rico|Ghost Stories|Elder Sign|RPG Dark Gate|RPG Fantasy Chronicles|Titan HD|Summoner Wars|Spectromancer

Last edited by Rokrdude; 10-22-2012 at 12:08 PM.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.