Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-22-2012, 12:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokrdude View Post
I thought the problem was with ios 4 specifically for which they have released an update but seeing that you have an ipad 3 there may be some other problem as well
Yeah, I run the game on iPad 3 with IOS 6 , so the problem must be with something else. Why do the note and the achievement appears while the Halloween theme doesn't?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agas View Post
I've done it against Huntingbot on a 2 players game. Try to block his route while completing the orange lines. He'll add some tickets and will fail on completing some of them. Still it's a difficult task and it takes me probably an hour of playing before I become the Pumpkin Master.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try it.

Edit to add: Anyone knows the difference between 1.4.1 and 1.4.2? It just appeared listed again in my updates list.

Last edited by enelya; 10-22-2012 at 01:41 PM..
Old 10-22-2012, 02:09 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by enelya View Post
Thanks for the advice, I'll try it.

Edit to add: Anyone knows the difference between 1.4.1 and 1.4.2? It just appeared listed again in my updates list.
Not clear to me either. I heard some say they didn't see the new menu skins of the update initially so maybe this is a quick fix for those people.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Not clear to me either. I heard some say they didn't see the new menu skins of the update initially so maybe this is a quick fix for those people.
My Ticket to Ride version is 1.4.2 and it's definitely not a fix to show the Halloween skins.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:06 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Finally I know what the problem is and I CAN see the Halloween theme.
Apparently the Halloween theme is connected with Ticket to Ride Online, therefore to see the wallpaper and stuff we must have internet connection. Bizarre way to implement in the app, but I guess that's what they mean by limited temporary, once Halloween is over, the wallpaper is gone online.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I bought this during the recent sale and I can't say enough good things about it. Typically I do not like board games, but this game is very fun and the app is fantastically implemented. Also, the online community is very busy.

Is Small World as good as this one? The thread seems less busy.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Is Small World as good as this one? The thread seems less busy.
Small World is very well implemented, and contains pretty much everything the board game does, with two of the three most commonly recommended expansions available as cheap IAP. The big reason you won't see much talk about the game is that it currently lacks any kind of network/online play; this won't be so much of an issue if you normally play versus AI or somebody in the same household, but will likely be a deal-breaker if you prefer playing online. SW is also limited to two players (the board game accommodates up to five), although on BGG the general consensus is that the game is at its most strategic with two players, so while this is another unfortunate limitation, it's not game-breaking.

I don't regret picking SW up at all - part of the reason I recently picked up an iPad was for this game, Forbidden Island and Ghost Stories. I also grabbed TTR along with the US 1910 and Legendary Asia boards during the recent sale to replace TTR Pocket, and love all the improved QoL aspects.

Oh, final note. While the last update to the iOS version was more than two years ago, a couple of months back the developers were asked about the status of the app, and they mentioned that they were hoping to get back and develop it further, so the above limitations may be addressed at some point, even if you don't pick up the game now.

Last edited by Appletini; 12-21-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks for the response, Appletini. I will definitely pick up Small World at some point. These Days of Wonder folks obviously know how to implement board games.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:37 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I've been playing video games over thirty years I have to say that Ticket to Ride is one of the most addictive games I've ever played. If you haven't bought it yet I highly recommend it!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:18 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
I've been playing video games over thirty years I have to say that Ticket to Ride is one of the most addictive games I've ever played. If you haven't bought it yet I highly recommend it!
Indeed, its awesome!!