Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-11-2013, 10:58 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

I have no problem paying what they are asking as I paid much more for my physical copies. My issue is this version appears to lack asynchronous play like the pocket editions have and I don't want to have to sit there and play a full game in one sitting.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
I have no problem paying what they are asking as I paid much more for my physical copies. My issue is this version appears to lack asynchronous play like the pocket editions have and I don't want to have to sit there and play a full game in one sitting.
Ditto!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:21 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
The iPad version is really fast pace. I would say most online games last only 10 to 25 minutes. I personally wouldn't use asynchronous play with this game.

Last edited by klink; 08-11-2013 at 02:11 PM..
Old 08-11-2013, 03:18 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
The iPad version is really fast pace. I would say most online games last only 10 to 25 minutes. I personally wouldn't use asynchronous play with this game.
Mm-hmm, asynchronous play was deliberately left out because of all the turns that would have been nothing but card drawing; DoW felt the game suited real-time play better and weren't keen on the perception of their game being one where nobody actually does anything for an entire week because everybody is only drawing cards once every 24 hours. In addition, according to DoW's management TtR Pocket's asynchronous mode has been relatively unused, so they feel vindicated in that regard.

The upcoming free update for DoW's Small World does include asynchronous multiplayer however, for those who have been hoping for that. TtR might possibly be revised after, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that count.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:42 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 7.x

If anyone is interested I would like to meet up online to play a few games of Ticket to Ride and Small World once the new update is released. Just send me a PM with your gamecenter name or I can send you mine.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Mm-hmm, asynchronous play was deliberately left out because of all the turns that would have been nothing but card drawing; DoW felt the game suited real-time play better and weren't keen on the perception of their game being one where nobody actually does anything for an entire week because everybody is only drawing cards once every 24 hours. In addition, according to DoW's management TtR Pocket's asynchronous mode has been relatively unused, so they feel vindicated in that regard.

The upcoming free update for DoW's Small World does include asynchronous multiplayer however, for those who have been hoping for that. TtR might possibly be revised after, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that count.
It's unused on Pocket because it doesn't integrate with the iPad version. Had they created a Universal game with async from the beginning, it would be up there with Carc and Ascension. You can't expect a fractured experience to yield numbers anywhere near that of a seamless one.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:11 AM

I gather that DOW never discusses what expansions are in the works, but it has been a year since they added any. I would like to see all of them as i enjoy this game so much, but after so long it seems like no more will come. Here is hoping i am just being pessimistic.