Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #291  
Old 08-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Drucifer Drucifer is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,491
Default

I have no problem paying what they are asking as I paid much more for my physical copies. My issue is this version appears to lack asynchronous play like the pocket editions have and I don't want to have to sit there and play a full game in one sitting.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 08-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Bool Zero Bool Zero is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
I have no problem paying what they are asking as I paid much more for my physical copies. My issue is this version appears to lack asynchronous play like the pocket editions have and I don't want to have to sit there and play a full game in one sitting.
Ditto!
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 08-11-2013, 01:21 PM
klink klink is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 4th planet from the left
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
I have no problem paying what they are asking as I paid much more for my physical copies. My issue is this version appears to lack asynchronous play like the pocket editions have and I don't want to have to sit there and play a full game in one sitting.
The iPad version is really fast pace. I would say most online games last only 10 to 25 minutes. I personally wouldn't use asynchronous play with this game.

Last edited by klink; 08-11-2013 at 02:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 08-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Appletini Appletini is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Posts: 2,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
The iPad version is really fast pace. I would say most online games last only 10 to 25 minutes. I personally wouldn't use asynchronous play with this game.
Mm-hmm, asynchronous play was deliberately left out because of all the turns that would have been nothing but card drawing; DoW felt the game suited real-time play better and weren't keen on the perception of their game being one where nobody actually does anything for an entire week because everybody is only drawing cards once every 24 hours. In addition, according to DoW's management TtR Pocket's asynchronous mode has been relatively unused, so they feel vindicated in that regard.

The upcoming free update for DoW's Small World does include asynchronous multiplayer however, for those who have been hoping for that. TtR might possibly be revised after, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that count.
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 08-11-2013, 07:42 PM
klink klink is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 4th planet from the left
Posts: 647
Default

If anyone is interested I would like to meet up online to play a few games of Ticket to Ride and Small World once the new update is released. Just send me a PM with your gamecenter name or I can send you mine.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 PM
soldat7 soldat7 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Mm-hmm, asynchronous play was deliberately left out because of all the turns that would have been nothing but card drawing; DoW felt the game suited real-time play better and weren't keen on the perception of their game being one where nobody actually does anything for an entire week because everybody is only drawing cards once every 24 hours. In addition, according to DoW's management TtR Pocket's asynchronous mode has been relatively unused, so they feel vindicated in that regard.

The upcoming free update for DoW's Small World does include asynchronous multiplayer however, for those who have been hoping for that. TtR might possibly be revised after, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that count.
It's unused on Pocket because it doesn't integrate with the iPad version. Had they created a Universal game with async from the beginning, it would be up there with Carc and Ascension. You can't expect a fractured experience to yield numbers anywhere near that of a seamless one.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 10-11-2013, 11:11 AM
CaptLudd CaptLudd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 99
Default

I gather that DOW never discusses what expansions are in the works, but it has been a year since they added any. I would like to see all of them as i enjoy this game so much, but after so long it seems like no more will come. Here is hoping i am just being pessimistic.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent