★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-11-2013, 09:58 AM
I have no problem paying what they are asking as I paid much more for my physical copies. My issue is this version appears to lack asynchronous play like the pocket editions have and I don't want to have to sit there and play a full game in one sitting.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
08-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
I have no problem paying what they are asking as I paid much more for my physical copies. My issue is this version appears to lack asynchronous play like the pocket editions have and I don't want to have to sit there and play a full game in one sitting.
Ditto!

08-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
The iPad version is really fast pace. I would say most online games last only 10 to 25 minutes. I personally wouldn't use asynchronous play with this game.

Last edited by klink; 08-11-2013 at 01:11 PM.
08-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
The iPad version is really fast pace. I would say most online games last only 10 to 25 minutes. I personally wouldn't use asynchronous play with this game.
Mm-hmm, asynchronous play was deliberately left out because of all the turns that would have been nothing but card drawing; DoW felt the game suited real-time play better and weren't keen on the perception of their game being one where nobody actually does anything for an entire week because everybody is only drawing cards once every 24 hours. In addition, according to DoW's management TtR Pocket's asynchronous mode has been relatively unused, so they feel vindicated in that regard.

The upcoming free update for DoW's Small World does include asynchronous multiplayer however, for those who have been hoping for that. TtR might possibly be revised after, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that count.

Can't hug every cat.
08-11-2013, 06:42 PM
If anyone is interested I would like to meet up online to play a few games of Ticket to Ride and Small World once the new update is released. Just send me a PM with your gamecenter name or I can send you mine.
08-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Mm-hmm, asynchronous play was deliberately left out because of all the turns that would have been nothing but card drawing; DoW felt the game suited real-time play better and weren't keen on the perception of their game being one where nobody actually does anything for an entire week because everybody is only drawing cards once every 24 hours. In addition, according to DoW's management TtR Pocket's asynchronous mode has been relatively unused, so they feel vindicated in that regard.

The upcoming free update for DoW's Small World does include asynchronous multiplayer however, for those who have been hoping for that. TtR might possibly be revised after, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that count.
It's unused on Pocket because it doesn't integrate with the iPad version. Had they created a Universal game with async from the beginning, it would be up there with Carc and Ascension. You can't expect a fractured experience to yield numbers anywhere near that of a seamless one.
10-11-2013, 10:11 AM
I gather that DOW never discusses what expansions are in the works, but it has been a year since they added any. I would like to see all of them as i enjoy this game so much, but after so long it seems like no more will come. Here is hoping i am just being pessimistic.
04-22-2015, 08:50 AM
I've starting playing this game again. It's one of the most addictive iPad games in existence! If you haven't played it yet do yourself a big favor and pick it up. You wouldn't regret it.

I hope Days of Wonder cast a little sunshine on it and provides some new updates.
04-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Definitely one of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
I hope Days of Wonder cast a little sunshine on it and provides some new updates.
More maps! More maps!
04-26-2015, 08:47 PM
Just curious, does anyone know if it's possible to reset your multiplayer stats. I was really bad at first and also had a few players take me to the bank. Now it's impossible for me to improve my ranking to a respectable number.