★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How to "touch" touch arcade?

05-17-2011, 06:18 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 487
How to "touch" touch arcade?

This is a one million dollar question

We try several time to contact touch arcade by the past and we never received any concideration.

Developer Service: Need a Professional 720p Trailer ? : Vetasoft Animation Studio
05-17-2011, 06:21 PM
#2
How many developers do you imagine are trying to get TouchArcade's attention? Ask yourself the question, why would someone pay attention to ME? Once you've answered that, just explain it when you're contacting TouchArcade or anyone else.

05-17-2011, 06:36 PM
#3
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 11
Whenever you're contacting people who have a lot of demand for their attention you want to keep your email really short and ball-grabbing. If you can reduce it down to just a few sentences with a strong message then you've probably got a much better chance at getting a reply.

The other thing you want to do is find out what time they're likely to be at their office or computer, you don't want to be 100 emails down their list when they get in to work in the morning.
05-17-2011, 06:39 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Promit View Post
How many developers do you imagine are trying to get TouchArcade's attention? Ask yourself the question, why would someone pay attention to ME? Once you've answered that, just explain it when you're contacting TouchArcade or anyone else.
Thanks Promit, but that's not really the anwser I wanted to listen. I'm not trying to be pretentious, but if you're talking about quality, try one of our games and then ask yourself why i'm asking this in this forum. Developers are numerous but we are not so many as you imagine.

Developer Service: Need a Professional 720p Trailer ? : Vetasoft Animation Studio
05-17-2011, 06:44 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by beno View Post
Whenever you're contacting people who have a lot of demand for their attention you want to keep your email really short and ball-grabbing. If you can reduce it down to just a few sentences with a strong message then you've probably got a much better chance at getting a reply.

The other thing you want to do is find out what time they're likely to be at their office or computer, you don't want to be 100 emails down their list when they get in to work in the morning.
thanks Beno, we have tried that too.

But you know, we really feel that developing a game is not enough, we must also develop good words to be in touch with some people... it's quite frustrating as you can see

Developer Service: Need a Professional 720p Trailer ? : Vetasoft Animation Studio
05-17-2011, 06:51 PM
#6
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 11
The only other advice I can give is a bit harder - get someone to introduce you. A lot of the time it's really hard to get your foot in the door but a referral is an instant in.

Scour your network and see if you can find someone who can refer you.
05-17-2011, 07:09 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by beno View Post
The only other advice I can give is a bit harder - get someone to introduce you. A lot of the time it's really hard to get your foot in the door but a referral is an instant in.

Scour your network and see if you can find someone who can refer you.
I really don't see who is able to introduce me and our game but thanks for the answer. if you know someone, just tell me

Developer Service: Need a Professional 720p Trailer ? : Vetasoft Animation Studio
05-17-2011, 07:16 PM
#8
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetasoft View Post
I really don't see who is able to introduce me and our game but thanks for the answer. if you know someone, just tell me
Heh sorry mate, I know pretty much everyone on the *flash* side of casual gaming but mobile you're on your own!

Playtomic - analytics & services for iOS | Unity | C++ | Android | AS3 | AS2 | HTML5
05-17-2011, 07:19 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetasoft View Post
Thanks Promit, but that's not really the anwser I wanted to listen. I'm not trying to be pretentious, but if you're talking about quality, try one of our games and then ask yourself why i'm asking this in this forum. Developers are numerous but we are not so many as you imagine.
I don't think it's enough. It's a big, big market and there's so many quality games that show up every single week. Standing out is, for better or worse, about far more than doing a good job and turning out high quality results. To be standout requires something above and beyond.
05-17-2011, 07:32 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by beno View Post
Heh sorry mate, I know pretty much everyone on the *flash* side of casual gaming but mobile you're on your own!
hehe it's a bit contradictory given the context, no prob Beno

Developer Service: Need a Professional 720p Trailer ? : Vetasoft Animation Studio

Last edited by Vetasoft; 05-18-2011 at 02:56 AM.